Do hospitals still provide milk?

Natalie88

Reaction score
Hi Ladies :thumbup:

I heard that some hospitals have stopped providing milks?

Does anyone know if heartlands hospital in birmingham still provide milk or do you have to bring your own in now?

I know that some have,mine hasn't and I've been told not to take my own as it's advertising....errrr asif.just give ur hospital a ring Hun and they will tell u xx

Mine havent stopped yet and apparantly they provide 4 different sorts which I think is v.good really! Give them a call and ask then you will know either way. xx

Mine provides milk but I'm told will nag you about giving BF a go if you dont have a medical reason not to.....not looking forward to it. I am taking my own bottles and ready made up milk in a carton so if I get hassle I will just get my bottles out feed my baby without asking for milk!

Yeah ours doesn't supply it you have to take your own. I think the whole thing is ridiculous with milk, I know they are big on breast-feeding at the mo and I agree with that ( if it's right for the individual) but at our antenatal class and also hospital tour they were very funny about the whole feeding thing, they will only talk about breastfeeding and won't acknowledge any other method. I'm hoping to bf but am taking some ready made up formula milk to hospital as a back up, the way you are made to feel at our hospital I feel like I'm smuggling in something illegal!!!!:wacko:

Hi Ladies :thumbup:

I heard that some hospitals have stopped providing milks?

Does anyone know if heartlands hospital in birmingham still provide milk or do you have to bring your own in now?

yes heartlands do still provide you with milk

lincoln do.i dont know if everywhere does though (sorry havent read the posts above yet :) )

I am not sure. To me on the safe side i have put some formula in my bag, just in case.........

its the hull maternity ward that everyones being talking about stopping the free formula not sure about others though Xx

Hoping to bf but if not does anyone know if Blackpool vic do milk still?

St micheals in Bristol still provide milk .. I had a tour and asked :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->