Do I have a short luteal phase?

LilPeanuts

Reaction score
This is cycle 3 of ttc with no luck. My daughter took over a year to conceive so I'm worried it will happen again. I track my cycles and I've noticed a pattern. I usually O around cd 17 and then spotting/light period begins around 9/10 DPO. My cycles aren't completely regular so sometimes my period begins 12 DPO but that's the very longest it's ever taken and I still start spotting 2 days prior to that. This doesn't seem like it's enough time for an egg to implant but could I be wrong? Does anyone else have the same length cycle or O day and been told by a dr it's not an issue for becoming pregnant? Thanks!

This is cycle 3 of ttc with no luck. My daughter took over a year to conceive so I'm worried it will happen again. I track my cycles and I've noticed a pattern. I usually O around cd 17 and then spotting/light period begins around 9/10 DPO. My cycles aren't completely regular so sometimes my period begins 12 DPO but that's the very longest it's ever taken and I still start spotting 2 days prior to that. This doesn't seem like it's enough time for an egg to implant but could I be wrong? Does anyone else have the same length cycle or O day and been told by a dr it's not an issue for becoming pregnant? Thanks!

I think your LP is ok. :) As far as I have read it can be as short as 7 days. There are also ways to possibly lengthen your LP if your worried. Unfortunately I don't know what works and what doesn't. If you wanna know for sure I recommend temping. temping really helped me know for sure how long my LP is. Also temping helped me determine when I was O. My OBGYN said the length of the LP doesn't matter for implant so don't worry :)

Great! Thanks :) I think my next step is to definitely start temping. I've been putting it off in hopes I wouldn't need to bother but cycle 3 and still no bfp so I think I'll start! I do opk's but I've heard that doesn't necessarily prove you've ovulated anyway.

Great! Thanks :) I think my next step is to definitely start temping. I've been putting it off in hopes I wouldn't need to bother but cycle 3 and still no bfp so I think I'll start! I do opk's but I've heard that doesn't necessarily prove you've ovulated anyway.

I started temping this cycle (cycle 3). Eventhough I get +opks around the same time each month (so far), Im curious to know when and IF I even ovulate. I think its the best way to know what your body is doing. I just started and Im already nervous! Good luck getting your BFP this month!

Your lp is slightly on the short side. It could be worth having a look into how you can extend it using vitamin b6 and I'm sure there is lots of other information on here you can weed out about it. 9 or 10 day could be that little to short when you think the average implantation time is around 7 to 10 dpo, sometimes longer.If the luteal phase is not long enough, the fertilised egg will not have adequate time to implant. Increasing the length of the luteal phase will increase implantation success and could really be worth looking into

I had a 9 day LP and took vitb6 to lengthen it but it only added a day at most. I got my bfp last month anyway so I needn't have worried so!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->