Do I have everything I need??

WelshGirl

Mummy at last!!
Reaction score
Hey ladies...

Sorry....I know there are lots of lists on here if I looked, but I just wondered if anyone can help me out by letting me know if I've missed anything?
We have just sorted through everything we have bought so far, and I'm convinced we have missed loads of things!! I'm going to blame not being able to think properly on 'baby-brain'!! :blush:

So....this is what we have;

Cotbed
Pushchair & car seat
Moses basket & stand
Bath & bath support
Steriliser
Bottles x 9
Bottle Warmer
Bottle brush
Sheets x 4
Blankets x 4
Cotton wool balls x 2 packs
Cotton Wool pleats x 3 packs
Wipes (4 packs)
2 Dummies
Room Thermometer
Night light
Changing Bag
Nappies x 3 packs (up to 11 lbs)
Nappy sacks
Nappy cream
Infacol
Bath towels x 3
Monitor
Muslin squares & bibs (x 12 approx)
Baby carrier

12 Sleepsuits (up to 14 lbs)
12 vests (up to 14 lbs)
1 x Pramsuit
3 Hats
3 pairs bootees
1 Dress
2 Nice outfits

I've probably missed some really obvious things, but I'm stuck.....I can't think!!! Help!! :blush:

xxx

Dont forget about yoursself.

Sanitry towels and breast pads!

Some people use a wee mat to change their nappies on, or you could use an old towel.

Tins of formula!

scratch mits is all i can see missing for bubs xxx

u got milk?
maybe a grooming kit
a few more newborn sleepsuits because the others maybe 2 big

apart from that u seem pretty sorted
x

Wow you are organised :lol: Yup looks all good to me (inc what others have said)

Very organised hun! Only things I can think to add would be what's already been said, and maybe a baby thermometer?
xx

Looks like you're pretty organised to me. The other things that I can think of maybe are................

A baby sponge for the bath and face cloths/flannels very handy....face cloths are easier than cotton wool to wash face, hands and body and they're re-useable too I guess:happydance:

Scratch mitts

Socks

Coat

I reckon you'll need 3 x as many bibs coz they can go through 6-8 in a day sometimes:dohh:

Cotton buds to clean nose and outer ears

Baby thermometer (just in case baby gets a temp)

They say you don't need baby wash/shampoo but if the poo goes right up their backs (yep...this happens) I always preferred to clean it with a bit of Top To Toe wash

Sorry if I've duplicated anything:dohh:

Have You Got Some Baby Bath? To Wash Your Baby. And Baby Lotion, Talc, Sudacrem, Etc. And A Nursing Kit, With Nail Clippers In (etc) Socks For Baby?

Can't Think Of Anything Else Hun. :)

A baby sponge for the bath and face cloths/flannels very handy....face cloths are easier than cotton wool to wash face, hands and body and they're re-useable too I guess:happydance:

Scratch mitts

Socks

Coat

I reckon you'll need 3 x as many bibs coz they can go through 6-8 in a day sometimes:dohh:

Cotton buds to clean nose and outer ears

Baby thermometer (just in case baby gets a temp)

They say you don't need baby wash/shampoo but if the poo goes right up their backs (yep...this happens) I always preferred to clean it with a bit of Top To Toe wash

Sorry if I've duplicated anything:dohh:

Thanks sooooo much Hevz!! I knew I'd forgotten loads.... :dohh:
Have added all of the above to my shopping list!!

Does anyone know what kind of baby thermometer is best to get? The kind that you use on their forehead, in their ear, or the kind like a dummy?

xx

The "in the ear" digital ones are the most accurate...also the most expensive:dohh:

If you get a baby grooming kit with clippers, brush, comb, etc they often have an "under the armpit" type digital thermometer....that's what I have

loads and loads of bibs, i have about 50 and thats enough for us though more wont be harm. More blankets as you can never have to many, i take 2 on a day out just in case one gets mucky and then there's the blankets on the bed, you've got to have clean ones too :)

Like others have said, defo a baby thermometer if baby gets a temp. Maybe more bibs. I have loads, i figured you cant have to many as i dont want to be doing a wash every single day! What about a bouncy chair or playmat.. or a cot mobile. Something to keep baby entertained and somewhere you can put baby down like a playmat or bouncy chair for a few moments while you have to do something. Doesnt have to be the most expensive one in the shop, just something simple!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->