Do I need to call my midwife or is it just heartburn?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Noodles, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Noodles

Noodles Mummy to two boys!

I've got diarrhoea and burning sensation in my throat. Are both of these heartburn symptoms?

2. BumpyButtons

BumpyButtons Guest

i didnt wana just read n run hun. i think if it puts your mind at ease then ring her. When i get heartburn, its like a knife stabbing me in the back and i get hot acid in my throat but no diarrhoea. sounds like it might be something you ate yesterday is disagreeing with you. its better off out your system anyways.hopeyou feel better soon and keep up drinking that water coz your losing fluids:hugs:

3. Jox

Jox 💙💙💙💝

I have never had heart burn in my life until about 5 days ago!!! At work in the morning i felt like my chest was being crushed up into my neck!! took some paracetomal, same thing happened in the afternoon, more paracetomal and then Saturday night at 4 in the morning i woke up feeling it again, it was only then that my OH told me it was heart burn!!! i was in agony!!!

No diarrhoea tho

xxx

4. geekone

geekone Well-Known Member

Hi

I get both, I think the diarrhoea comes from chugging the gaviscon to be honest but they are both definately worse together.

5. 3rdtimelucky

3rdtimelucky mammy to 3 beautiful kids

Hiya hun,

If it puts your mind at ese, call your doc!! the burning in the throat is what i get when i get heartburn! try some gaviscon or some peppermint rennie!

the heartburn doesnt cause diarohea i dont think but i have gotten bouts of it on and off during this pregnancy! so i wouldnt worry, but if your unsure just call your doc to be on the safe side anyway!

Good luck xx

6. Jacey

Jacey Well-Known Member

It sound more like something you've eaten that perhaps doesnt agree with you. Stick to plain foods e.g toast for a few hours and keep hydrated and see if that helps x poor you x