Do I need to go in? Please help ladies :( feeling so worried

LoveMy2Boys2

Reaction score
I really need some input here pleaseeeeee.....

I have been dehydrated , but before bed I seem to get a cup of Gatorade down and I have been holding on to that.... Yesterday I got sick multiple times throughout the day but its mainly just stomach bile for the most part as I can't eat or drink too much ..... Last night I got really light headed and couldn't feel my arms, so I sat down on the couch..... 20 min later I woke up..... I think I passed out from dehydration? I'm not sure.... I never just fall asleep like that! :( it was scary, invoke up my lips were shriveled like an anarexic raisin and my throat was so dry , I drank a glass of Gatorade and my throat couldn't get relief from dryness.... I passed out for the night and figure I will deal with it today.... I just had a few sips of ice water because I'm soooo thirsty.... But I feel that will be coming up any minute now .... I haven't been able to drink more that a sip of water in weeks without getting sick immediately after...... I can get Gatorade down.... Is one Gatorade a day enough? Or do I need Iv? I have kids at home and I hate to be gone sitting in a hospital for Iv u less absolutely necessary

What do you ladies think I should do?
Thanks so much for the input , appreciate it!

You really should see somebody. 1 gatorade a day is definitely not enough.

I figured so...... Thanks for the input.... I hate hospitals :/ but I'm so worried for baby :(

I think you should definitely give your midwife or doctor a ring. They should be able to tell with a urine sample how you are doing and whether you need an IV.
I'm totally with you on the water. Just one sip during the day and it starts coming back up. I manage by drinking when I wake up at night. I usually manage about a pint (I wake up often) to rehydrate. During the day I make countless teas (peppermint, chamomile, decaf tea with milk), even if I only ever manage a few sips from each. Nobody seems to believe me that it's a problem. They say they've never heard of water being a problem. Sigh.

A trip to the hospital is well worth it at this point. 1 cup of Gatorade is not nearly enough and from a quick google search it seems you're experiencing the early signs if dehydration!

Go in soon!

Definitely go to hospital! A week ago, I was the same. Went to A&E and was admitted to the gynae ward, and given 4 litres of fluid over an IV overnight, as well as multiple antisickness medication, plus a scan. It wasn't bad, made me feel tonnes better (as well as wee a lot :haha: ). Go in, it's not as horrible or as scary as you'd think it is xxx

Thanks ladies, I called my drs answering service, my dr wasn't on call but I spoke with a different dr, she was very difficult to understand but said if I can keep one liter of gatorade down a day without vomiting any of it up, then I should be ok..... And not to worry about nutrition until 12 wks+ , she said if there's any vomiting in between Gatorade through the day to go in for an Iv ...... Ugh. I got sick this morning but its been 5 hrs since, I have a lot more Gatorade to go! I guess this will be the test.... If I get sick again I'll be going in...... Can we just fast forward a couple months where id hope to be out of this misery?!
Rhio92 how much were u able to keep down when u went in? How long does it take for an Iv session at the hospital? Do you have to go to the er?

Try to drink more. Even if you throw it up right after, DRINK MORE.
Don't avoid drinking just b/c you may throw it up. That's going to make everything a whole lot worse.
Try some ginger ale if you can. It could help w/ nausea. Or maybe suck on some popsicles or ice.

My SiL had hyperemesis gravidarum (severe morning sickness throughout her pregnancy) and had to go to the ER quite often to get an IV due to dehydration.

Sounds like you suffer with hypermemesis hun. ...I get it and yes you may have passed out I did a few times but now I check myself into hospital before it gets to that stage as its dangerous for both you and baby....go on as soon as you can...prepare for a few days because your ketones are most likely high and they won't release you until there down...this means eating and drinking without throwing up...my ketones never changed with just iv only food bought them back to trace...hun message me anytime let me know how you are...in 2 weeks time I'll be right back there so Feel your pain...Pls go in hun look after you and baby xx

Aw thanks so much ladies !!! Ur all the best ..... The dr said I do have HG and I'm on zofran but it really doesn't do anything but give me headaches so I quit taking it..... I will admit I think I don't chug anything or avoid drinking too much because I'm terrified to throw up any more that I already do :( ugh. I'll be going soon..... I know what I need to do now.... If anyone on here wants to start an HG support thread I'm in!! I have questions daily and I'm not sure many have the answer :/ I really appreciate everyone's input !!

Aw thanks so much ladies !!! Ur all the best ..... The dr said I do have HG and I'm on zofran but it really doesn't do anything but give me headaches so I quit taking it..... I will admit I think I don't chug anything or avoid drinking too much because I'm terrified to throw up any more that I already do :( ugh. I'll be going soon..... I know what I need to do now.... If anyone on here wants to start an HG support thread I'm in!! I have questions daily and I'm not sure many have the answer :/ I really appreciate everyone's input !!

I suffer with it terribly hun. ..this is my 4th time around ...hospitalised everytime...im here to support u hun anytime...its hard to find others that realise just how horrific it actually is xx ill inbox you my mobile number hun..get yourself checked as meds alone wont do much as dehydration actually makes the vomiting worse. ..personally I try not to take meda too often as they dont stop you feeling sick just stop you being able to be sick which is worse I think as at least for 10-15 min after being sick you feel good before it comes back is rather feel good for small amounts of time than never xx

Aww thank you! Appreciate the support, and I'm here as well!! :) I have to agree about the pointless meds.... Vomiting does give u relief for a few min after at least.... The worst feeling is the being on the very end verge of vomiting all day .... But u can't drink or eat much so nothing comes up..... I feel i get the most sick when I'm on an empty stomach or go too many hrs without eating.... So the one thing I learned is to constantly have crackers or carbs in me at all times .....something to soak up the stomach acid! At this point all I ever vomit is pretty much stomach bile.... Is that normal?

Aww thank you! Appreciate the support, and I'm here as well!! :) I have to agree about the pointless meds.... Vomiting does give u relief for a few min after at least.... The worst feeling is the being on the very end verge of vomiting all day .... But u can't drink or eat much so nothing comes up..... I feel i get the most sick when I'm on an empty stomach or go too many hrs without eating.... So the one thing I learned is to constantly have crackers or carbs in me at all times .....something to soak up the stomach acid! At this point all I ever vomit is pretty much stomach bile.... Is that normal?

This is the issue with HG... never really will u vomit food...because it uses the excess acid to digest the food...but fluids you may throw up as it just sits there ontop of the bile making u feel worse...and because u feel so sick u dont want to eat so u end up vomiting bile all bloody day....you cant win...bile is very normal if white to yellow. ..hun if it goes green and starts burning ur throat u must go in as thats bile from gallbladder not stomach...I got to that point first time around ...its not good honestly xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->