• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Do I need to see my gyno before TTC?

Cntrygal

Reaction score
So, I've mentioned in other threads that I'm planning on seeing my gyno to get everything checked out (it's been a while) before we TTC. My appt is schedule for Oct 14th. But is there a reason to see her before we get things started? I've never had any problems. Maybe it doesn't even make sense to start TTC since I'm due to O tomorrow (based on a O calculator) and we haven't been trying.

I was looking at the calendar and if we wait to start TTC until after my next cycle it will be middle of Nov before AF will be due again and that just seems soooo long to wait. A big part of me wants to start trying now even though I've missed the week before O window. I assume the chances wouldn't be as good and would give us a practice type round.

What do you ladies think?

I don't c why u would have to. If I didn't have endo I wouldn't even have a gynae to see before trying. My Dr knows Il be TTC but only as it was mentioned for other reasons and I haven't had anything done test or check up wise to make sure I can TTC.

I wud go for it xx

I didn't - you'll see plenty of them when you're pregnant! :haha:

Eek, I'm so glad to have some votes for trying! Thanks ladies! I know there are plenty of pregnancies out there that happen unplanned, I just didn't want to be selfish if I really SHOULD wait. And to be honest I don't want a slap on the hand from my Dr. :haha:

Now to work up the courage to visit with DH about going a little early. If we DTD TTC style, im sure I'll be letting u ladies know. Lol Wow, I have intense butterflies!

Just let him know about the "perk for men" about TTC... lots more action! My husband said we can have as many children as we want 'cause he enjoyed that phase so much, haha.

Our daughter was planned, and I really didn't do anything special except go off the pill. It just depends on how prepared you want to be. :)

if you've been seen and had a routine check up within the last year then I think you're fine. I thought the same before TTC my second, and I asked my doc about it, and she told me no check up unless I really wanted one (which I did not). As Kitteh mentioned above, they check you and your lowers so many times during pregnancy

Well we kind of DTD, but it didn't turn out like I had hoped...maybe TMI, but you girls get to hear it all. lol

My plan was to take a little break in the middle of DTD to see how he felt about it and then do whatever we decided. The progression of us DTD was so natural and actually felt kind of special I didn't want to take away from that and wanted to let it happen naturally. Well that totally backfired.

Not long into it and before I had a chance to say anything he kind of got ahead of himself (POM)...if you know what I mean. So as a girl who actually likes DTD and is used to getting hers, I was disappointed that I didn't even have a chance to join in on the fun. And to add insult to injury he offered to put on a condom and keep going. In his defense he was clueless that I'd be thinking of TTC early but it still felt like a slap in the face. The whole deal started out feeling so right and it ended with me being completely disappointed. :( DH could tell something was wrong so I did tell him I was on the fence about TTC early. We didn't talk about it then and he didn't bring it up yesterday evening, which made me feel like I'm the only one bring up baby stuff!

It was still bothering me this morning and he said he didn't realize I wanted to talk about it. While I totally believe him, I don't understand how guys can be so oblivious sometimes. :dohh: I'm on the fence about a decision that is ours to make, and a big decision at that. It's not like I'm gonna make the decision and just FYI him. Ugh.

Aw hun that sucks but u can't blame him really, as far as he knew u were still wanting to wait, I no if I wasn't ready and was using pom I wud he seriously fuming if the guy didn't pull out so in his own way he was doing what he thought u wanted. As for not talking about it that sounds like my oh all over lol they really need things spelling out to them. When u have both chilled and forgotten about the incident sit down and have a calm convention with him about it

Thanks itsnowmyturn. He's pretty innocent in the whole thing, I'm just aggravated with how it turned out. I think I'm just going to let it go and let him bring it up when he wants. I refuse to be a nagger, he knows where I am and we'll either talk about it when he brings it up or we'll start TTC when we originally planned. I thought we would talk about it tonight, but he's working late so doubtful. Plus I'll be gone over the weekend so it doesn't even hardly make sense to try between now and then. It'll all come out in the wash.

GO AND HAVE SEX RIGHT NOW. By which I mean tonight. Tell him you don't want him to pull out, that you're game if he's game, but that either way, it's his turn to make you see stars! :p

If nothing else, you should head off on your weekend away having resolved any let-down from the previous sex.

Also, to answer the actual question, no you don't have to see your gyno if you have no reason to suspect any problems need to be cleared up. I'm going to have to get a follow-up pap smear next month, and then get my implanon out in February (which is when we start trying) so I'll be there twice, sigh.

Oh my gosh MellyH, you just made me laugh so hard! I probably do need to lighten up about it all. He means no harm and I know that. Thanks for giving it to me real! :)

Twice...yucko! Hope both are quick and easy and gets you on your way to TTC.

Why don't u just make a comment in passing and just blurt out that u want to start TTC sooner, don't make a whole serious conversation out of it or he will see it as a massive huge thing, its all very psychological with men, if we sit them down and speak softly and be all nicey nicey their brain goes hang on this is a big thing, if ur just cleaning the kitchen or something and throw it in there their brain doesn't twig that its so huge lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"