Do I really need to see a midwife?

Trudie

Reaction score
I had an appointment to see a midwife today and she didn't turn up. I'm quite relieved actually, as I had had to speak to her on the phone to make the appointment and she was a bit rude to me. Also they sent me a couple of booklets which I was supposed to read all about all the abnormalities my unborn child might have and it scared me silly. I was wondering if I could just slip quietly between the cracks now and under their radar? Has anyone else avoided midwives - how long can I get away with it before I absolutely have to see them (I'm only 9 weeks pregnant).

If she was rude to you i would suggest asking for another midwife as its important in the later stages to see her unless you have a consultant at the hospital to see instead.
Good luck

you need blood pressure checks,bloods done etc so u do need to see her

you have the right to ask for a different mw. is there any reason your baby would be likey to have anything wrong with it ? how inconsiderate of her to give you those leaflets and not talk you through them, of course they scared you :)
i dont know anyone who has managed to hide from the mw's but in honesty it is for the best to see them as they give you all the up to date information and can usually answer the many questions you are bound to have about what is normal and what to expect.
if it makes you feel any better i only saw the mw who was assigned to me once at the begining of my pregnancy after that it was a different one each time until the very end when i saw the same one about 3 / 4 times :)
-how long can you put it off for ?
you need to have the booking in appointment to be given the routine scans at 12 and 20 weeks :)

i also only seen my midwife who was assigned to me once at the begining of the pregnancy

xx

I would ask for a different Midwife. You really do need to see someone for your pregnancy to get proper prenatal care, without it you can develop complications. Almost all complications can be avoided or resolved with proper prental care, a good diet, and regular blood pressure and sugar checks. Unless you are able to perform all the tests on yourself, you should see one. With Hunter I did not see anyone until I was 14 weeks pregnant. That really is a little too late, and I would suggest seeing someone no later than 12 weeks.

she didn't turn up? I hope she let you know first what a cow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->