Do men ever grow up?

Simple answer. No.

OH is 29, addicted to Playstation and we have a 9 month old.

He still sleeps in til 11am. Doesn't clean up after himself and has to be nagged to do any form of housework.

Hubby is a kid like I said but I've got to give him credit he does do a lot of cleaning and takes daughter school every day and a lot of other things, I'd be lost without him. <3

Answer is no! :haha:

The video gaming doesn't bother me unless he stays up until 4 am playing (xbox, ps3, wii). In fact I'll either watch or play with him :) It's the money he spends on it when we need other things (like I've needed glasses for a year). He's not necessarily irresponsible like he won't go out and buy it if we need food or things we can't live without.. But, it's definitely something we need to address before we start trying! Apparently the xbox 1 AND the new wii are coming out so he'll probably get them for himself for Christmas. I'm a SAHM so if he wants something, he'll get it himself!

He DOES help out a lot when he's home though. He does dishes every now and then, cooks a lot, works on the cars, watches after Emmy, changes diapers, and works outside. We had a half joking/half serious agreement that I'd do most of the inside stuff if he took care of the outdoor things! We live in the country so there's a lot of yard work and stuff do to in the barn. :) He's doing an amazing job for jumping from bachelor life to being daddy & husband! (We started dating when Emilia was 8 months and I had gotten away from her abuse sperm donor the year before) So I can't complain too much. He's amazing :cloud9:

btw Baileysbub, my DD's name is Emilia Elise! You're the first person I've seen in almost 3 years who named their daughter that!! :)

Hi fellow Emilia mum lol! I've seen at least one other person on here that has a daughter with the name Emilia but in RL I haven't heard of any. I love the name and we call her Millie at times too, the only annoying thing is the mis-spelling all the time!

I love Millie!! No one got in the habit of calling her that though. At first it was Emma but then she thought that was her name so we call her emmy or Emilia :)

I haven't noticed any misspellings yet, but I guarantee once she gets to kindergarten it'll start :p

It has been family members with me who've spelt it wrong lol! Think because they all expect it to be spelt Amelia, despite me repeatedly saying "her name is E-milia not A-melia" lol. They have all got it now though! Although whenever I tell a stranger her name who has to write it down (eg doctors office or someone like that) I have to say "spelt like Emily but with I A at the end not Y". They still get it wrong lol!

My dad will still call her Emily every now and then haha.
They'll eventually get it!

Nope! OH is obsessed with 4wheelers and snowmobiles, trucks and "big toys" lol. At least I figure those are things we can do as a family once the kiddos are old enough. I do all the housework and such though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->