Do Pets Sense Your Pregnant?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Club' started by Wobbles, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Wobbles

Wobbles WoBbLeWoBbLe
    Administrator

:wacko:

My kitty had been a little cow for ages!!!

Its like she refuses to shit and piss in her tray now ... well she does but then we keep finding naughty spots so I'm stupidly maybe thinking shes sensing something & needs to be bought a naughty chair? lol!!

Seriously though I don't get it if it carries on as much as it will break my heart she can't stay!!

2. hypnorm

hypnorm Well-Known Member

Yes they can usually sense that something is not 'quite right' and may act differently.

3. marley2580

marley2580 Well-Known Member

My dogs don't seem to have a clue, they still jump all over me and misbehave when on walks. They never notice when I'm not well either. Maybe they're just thick lol.

4. Hels

Hels Well-Known Member

Yeah I think so Wobbles!

When I was PG with Charlie, Jazz (My dowggy) used to come and sit on my bump lol, She is very very protective now Charlie is here.

5. KX

KX Well-Known Member

Ive been told they do, and my woggy does!:blush:

6. Jo

Jo I'm an old bag!

Bella (my dog) never left me alone when PG with Jack, i mean constantly under my feet, it was a pian in the ass TBH

7. Wobbles

Wobbles WoBbLeWoBbLe
    Administrator

No loo problems so far lol

Its really annoying we first thought she seemed to do it when she was frisky lol but she did it again and its like WTF ... I just can't have her if shes going to keep it up even if it is now and then. Never had a problem with her before.

8. Kina

Kina Well-Known Member

Ewww I can see why you're fed up with it Wobbs, it used to drive me mad when my yorkie Charlie pooed and peed everytime we went out, bought him a cage in the end. Rosie my other yorkie used to sit on my bump when I was pregnant with Ella and even perched up top when I was having contractions. I miss her :( I had to get rid of my dogs when Ella got to about 10 months old as they both tried to nip her, it was better for them and us. They gets loads more attention now (Charlie is with Mil and Rosie with my sister).

9. Tilly

Tilly Guest

Apparently it's dogs that get over protective and cats that get hurt by the experience and feel rejected bless them!

My cat didn't like me too much when I was pregnant, but as soon as Bethanie was born she was fine, so try to stick with it as much as possible and give as much attention as you can! don't know if your cat is like mine, but any time I went to cuddle her, she would attack me lol.

10. Wobbles

Wobbles WoBbLeWoBbLe
    Administrator

Timid cat - if someone comes to the house she runs and hides that includes days if ppl stay!! Took us a long time for her to stroll around house without legging it lol although still does it but alot calmer.

See how she goes its not happened since but I defo cannie keep her if she does it much more! :(

11. Suz

Suz ~ I are a Nerd ~

:( Awe Wobbs. Im sure she is just sensing somthing. Cats are just weird. (I have 2 weirdos myself)

12. ablaze

ablaze lucky mum of one of each!

yea my goldfish def knew i was preg :headspin:

lol,

my dads cats and dogs were v v protective of me wen preg!!!! so much so tht no1 could come near me @ my dads!!!

13. violetstar

violetstar Member

I've noticed that cats looove me way more now. They'll curl up on my lap and try to snuggle with me more than usual. I'm feeling more motherly too, though. So maybe it's the combination of both.

14. ishtar

ishtar Mum of one son

My cat seems to be fine with it, but she is a total primadonna and will probably be a bit of a handful once I push this little alien out. I guess I'll just have to be sure to give her lots of attention then.

15. Imi

Imi .

I think they do know, Animals are very clever i mean look at dogs ... and im super smart lmfao!!

xxx

16. Mango

Mango Well-Known Member

My dog certainly has been acting a bit differently. She doesn't play with me as rough as she use to or as rough as she is with other people in my fam. She also sits by the bathroom door whenever she hears me puking my life away. Part of me is actually glad she sits by the door because I swear down it feels as though I'm going to die each time lol.

17. Mynxie

Mynxie Well-Known Member

give her a treat after she's been to the litter tray and when you find her naughty spots, take her to it, and then squirt her with water... she'll learn in a few days

18. emerphire

emerphire working on sweet pea #1

i'm TTC (not pregnant, that i know of) but noticed my doggie has been very clingy. hmmm?

19. PitBullMommy

PitBullMommy Princess, FF & Angel Mom

If mine know (1 dog, 7 cats) they certainly don't care, cause they jump on and pounce on my tummy MUCH more often than they EVER did before!

20. Serene123

Serene123 Guest

My dog won't stop sitting on my lap and she's not a small dog LOL. I think she knowsss. She doesn't go near my stomach anymore :)