Do pregnancy symptoms get worse the more pregnancies you have?

Torz

Mummy to 2 DS & pregnant
Reaction score
For those of you who have had multiple pregnancies, I'm interested to know if pregnancy symptoms have gotten worse each time you have got pregnant.

I found out at the weekend that I'm pregnant with number 3 & I'm wondering if I'm in for a worse time 3rd time round.

With my first pregnancy I was fatigued, felt nauseous but was never actually sick.

Second time round I was really fatigued & had awful morning sickness.

First time I was working full time & I managed to do a full day's work then come home & cook tea, it was a struggle but I managed it.

Second time I was a sahm & it was a good job because I struggled to get out of bed with my toddler & when I did I had my head perminetly down the toilet & could hardly move off the sofa. I hated every smell & couldn't cook because the smell of food made me sooo sick.

I'm just interested to know if I might be let of this time or am I in for a worse ride than last time. I know it's not an exact science & I'll not know until it happens but it would be interesting to see others experiences.

I wouldn't say it's worse - it's just a lot harder. You are busier and can't just take a nap when you are tired or don't feel well. You still have to take care of the other kids...

I'm on number 3 and at 10 weeks now. My symptoms have just been different, I've not really been sick this time around but I have diarrhoea for the first pregnancy.

#3 has been way harder so far. I've been on a drip for dehydration a few times, morning sickness was so much worse, I fall asleep all the time and am always tired.

#3 has been way harder so far. I've been on a drip for dehydration a few times, morning sickness was so much worse, I fall asleep all the time and am always tired.

How was it for you the last two times, has each one got worse?

My first three were all fairly similar, incredible sickness the whole way through, back pain, exhaustion.... this last one was a breeze..... so no i don't think so.

Thats a really good question and I've also been curious about others' symptoms in subsequent pregnancies. For me, my first and second were the worst with my easiest being no.4&5. I haven't suffered with nausea until this pregnancy but always got fatigue to some degree, headaches too were a problem with my second. I think each pregnancy is unique to be honest! x

Baby number 3 for me & I'm pretty much the same as the other times. Everyone & every pregnancy is different. I'm nearly in second tri & defo feeling less tired. No sickness for me thankfully.

I had hg first pregnancy but with this one it's only been mild in comparison. There is hope!

Congrats!

I had zero symptoms with all of mine, currently 17 weeks with third xxx

I'm on my third and other than being tired, I havent felt any other symptoms at all really. I had two days of feeling sick which I thought was a bug but other than that, I've been very lucky all three times x

This is my third, and my symptoms have been varied. My first was pretty uneventful, except for brown spotting, some nausea and feeling generally crappy (didn't help I had a terrible cold at the time!). My second I felt nausea often, and was so hungry, I ate constantly to help with the endless hunger.
This time around, I've had the usual bloat, nausea, nipples are very sensitive which doesn't help that I'm still breastfeeding my second. I feel more tired this time, and a lot of less energy. Circumstances are way different this time around as well, so I'm sure that's part of it.

Yes, I did find I felt a bit worse with #2, but not like the leap between how I feel during #2 and #3. My first pregnancy was such a breeze though. I weigh 65lbs less this time so thought it would help, but not so far.

My pregnancies became worse each time. Baby #1 was by far the easiest. I could function like a normal person the entire first trimester, didn't even know I was pregnant until 12 weeks when I realized I missed 3 periods. Baby #2 was also a surprise but I knew a lot sooner because I was nauseated 24/7 and nothing... I repeat NOTHING I did made it better. I was like "what the heck is this?" Lo and behold I was pregnant again! All those natural cures for "morning" sickness went out the window. I was sick from 7-16 weeks. This time I started to become sick at only 5 weeks and it has increasingly got worse. I'm in the middle of the worst of it now at 10 weeks.

Nope. All of mine have been different, but there hasn't been any progression in symptoms due to how many kids I've had. Actually, my third pregnancy was the easiest on me! My second was pretty easy, too, but my first was AWFUL. My current one was terrible in first tri and half-way through second tri as well, but I'm having a very easy third trimester, so I'll take it. ;)

first baby i had nausea and vomiting from 5 weeks to 20 weeks..
second baby i had nausea and vomiting from 7 to 10/11 weeks..
this baby.. i'm over 6 weeks with some nausea and a couple instances of vomiting but nothing crazy

My first pregnancy (with a boy) was by far the easiest. Very mild symptoms in first tri, second tri was a breeze, and third tri was easy as well.

My second pregnancy (a girl) was just as easy in the first and second trimesters, but third tri was terrible. Toward the end of my pregnancy, I couldn't get out of bed due to extreme hip and pelvic pain and got induced because of it.

My third pregnancy (also a girl) was harder in the first trimester (I had a lot of nausea) but second and third trimesters were easy.

During one of my pregnancies with one of the girls, I also got migraines during pregnancy.

This pregnancy has been the hardest so far in the first trimester. The nausea has been horrible and the exhaustion is kicking my butt.

That being said, I would rate my second pregnancy as the worst overall, so I don't think it's necessarily true that the more pregnancies you have, the worse your symptoms get.

I think circumstances play a role, too. My first three children were with my ex, so this is my first baby with my OH and that might have a lot to do with the differences in symptoms too.

I thought I had gotten away with no symptoms again with this baby (third) as both of my other pregnancies were a breeze. Morning sickness hit with this one at 5 and a half weeks, I have felt just awful for the past few days and hoping it wont last long x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->