Do progesterone pessaries raise your blood progesterone level?

Palladium

Reaction score
Hi ladies.

Does anyone know if using progesterone pessaries increases the level of progesterone in your blood? I'm pretty sure I read once that they just have a local effect on the uterus, but I'm wondering if anyone has any more info?

I'm just wondering about this because I'm thinking to skip my pessaries this cycle because we'll be travelling and visiting family who don't know we're TTC. I don't think it will be feasible to use the pessaries discretely but I'm pretty sure my own progesterone levels are good enough that I don't really need them (my clinic just has me use them just in case).

They've never said that my progesterone levels weren't good, but the only number I have is a level of 50 on DPO10 of a natural cycle (not sure which units but they like it above 40 on DPO7). I think that's really good but it was on a cycle where I was using the pessaries, so I'm not sure if that was just me or if the pessaries contributed.

Since I'm now on clomid and ovulating better I'm pretty sure I have enough natural progesterone to not need the pessaries, but I was hoping someone might have more info?

Thanks!

50 is great, i dont know why they would give u them, alot of people are at around 10-20 at that point...so ur levels seem fine..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->