Do they treat a Urine infection??

Alicia_&_Kev

Reaction score
Was told on wed night to come down to hospital as had really bad pains in belly... when we got there they run some tests and put me on a monitor (which bubs didnt like, she wouldnt stop kicking it off!! so her heartbeat was reading at 32 sometimes and 205 others!! naughty naughty lol)

Anyway came back with results and there was Lots protien and Bacteria in urine. And said i had a urine infection... But all they said was go home and put hot water bottle on your back and take paracitamol for the pain...

They then asked if we had had our 36 week scan!!?? i was 32 weeks and we dont get a 36 week scan!!!????!!!!

Well ive been doing that but still cant go to the loo properly and in paint when not taking paracitamol!! I thought they had to treat it or something??
I'm so confused!!! lol

Can you not take antibiotics this far along? or will they let me know?

Just wondered if anyone else has had similar and what happens...
You ladies seem to know A LOT more than local hosp!! lol

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes they have to treat it. It can cause preterm labor and you are still early. I have one now but not taking any more meds till after birth which I am due saturday so all is ok if I go into labor. You should def be on antibiotics. For now just drink tuns of cranberry juice, and water.

Hi hun,

I had a urine infection right at the beginning of my pregnancy when I had just found out I was pregnant, I went to the doctors and it was treated with antibiotics straight away.

I had a kidney infection when I was 21 weeks pregnant, which was also treated with antibiotics(Amoxicillin if I remember correctly..) - Anyway, this infection does need treating, as in some cases if it is left too long it can effect baby or bring on labour(in later pregnancy). - This is just what I have been told by my Midwife as I questioned these infections quite a lot when I got them as I was really funny with taking the medication.

You need to go back to the hospital, doctor, or speak with your Midwife as this can't be left. UTI's are REALLY uncomfortable and painful and ofcourse you want to get yourself well again.

In the mean time try not to worry too much, your baby is pretty safe in there! Drink a couple of glasses of ocean spray cranberry juice a day(really helped me) and plenty of water to help the infection flush out as much as it can do, also preventing it from getting any worse or too painful. I would def get a second opinion on this though. Get well soon! :hug:

I agree, it is one of the most common causes of preterm labour, maybe they didnt realise you was only 32 weeks? seems really odd they would tell you to take paracetamols when if its a bacterial infection you quite clearly need antibiotics? i'd book in with your Doctor asap hun xxx

Yep they will give antibiotics also UTI can cause prem labour and needs to be treated x

Some times hun, you need to get the correct kind of antibiotic to treat the infection sucessfully, which takes ur urine being sent off and grown

Did they say that is what they were going to do?

Some times hun, you need to get the correct kind of antibiotic to treat the infection sucessfully, which takes ur urine being sent off and grown

Did they say that is what they were going to do?

They didnt say what they were going to do at all lol. gotta go change my doctors tomorrow morning anyway and was meant to have a midwife appointment friday so will see when they can fit me in this weeks and see what she says.
Its really uncomfortable and have felt really really sick from it too. Have only been able to eat crossionts for breakie, a peice of shortbread and a banana today :( just tried eating dinner and took one bite and almost threw up :(
xxxxx

Yes they should be putting you on antibiotics! If left untreated a plain old bladder infection can quickly become a kidney infection, and also cause preterm labour!

My midwife discovered I had a UTI last week and she left a note for the doc to give me a prescription for antibiotics which I got the next day, so yes, you should be getting treated. She sent a sample off anyway,but I just got standard ampicillin which cleared it up in a day or two.

xxx

Hopefully you get treated girlie. I wont be treated now until I give birth since I am so close and just finished a round of meds They dont want me on more while pregnant. I cannot get over how they did not prescribe anything for you.

I was taking something the smell of sulfer (rotten eggs) with my DD forget its name though GL X :)

hey hun
im getting urine infections all the time in the pregnancy and after the 3rd or 4th one the doctor put me on a dose of antibiotics tht i have to take till im 37 weeks pregnant, one a day, there only mild but there to stop infections coming back.
U shud deffinatly be being treated, as your only 33 weeks. The reason the doc said to come off at 37 weeks is so there out of my system by the time the baby is here.
You shud really have a word with ur doctor and try get something to help.
Until thn cranberry juice :p and lots of it :)

Good luck

xxxxxx

Thanks for advice ladies :D went and changed doctors this morning so gonna call on Thurs (when im on there system) and make appointment with midwife for Wed next week so hopefully this one will actually help!! lol we shall see :D
Till then.... AWCHHHH..... lol
xxxxx

Hun you could always go to a walk in clinic and get treated for a UTI. If its really bothering you, best to get it sorted

Sounds more like a kidney infection. Especially if your getting back pain. I had it really bad a few weeks back.

You need antibiotics asap or you could go into early labour. Get yourself back to the hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->