do u like our boys name?

proud mummy

3 boys and pregnant
Reaction score
My DH and I both like the name Dylan.

Does this sound ok...Dylan Thomas McNamee?

Our other son is called Marshall James McNamee.

I kind of don't like names that make the full names of famous people, present or past. I know a poet isn't exactly a popstar, but still. I knew a Thomas Jefferson in school and I thought it was naff

Still it probably wouldn't bother most people at all
Dylan is nice

I like it but agree with the poet reference. Maybe Dylan Taylor or Dylan Topher or Dylan Theodore or Dylan Thatcher or Dylan Trevor or even Dylan Tommy? Just thought I would throw some other ideas out there!

Didnt relise it was a poets name. Well that screws that up then my mum wont be happy!
We like Dylan and my mum asked us if we would use the middle name Thomas as it was my grandads name who died a couple of years ago.

I like it! It's a handsome name and I think it goes great with your son's name.

Didnt relise it was a poets name. Well that screws that up then my mum wont be happy!
We like Dylan and my mum asked us if we would use the middle name Thomas as it was my grandads name who died a couple of years ago.

Maybe you could read a few of the poems and see if you're still unhappy about it? I guess personal taste will come into it. Then again the very idea of him being named after a poet may not sit well, especially if you hadn't heard of him

Hope you figure it out soon:)

It's weird because I love both Thomas and Dylan (prefer Thomas Dylan) and wanted to chose this as my boys name....but I didn't want everyone to think I'd named him after the poet! xx

I think it's a great name, and I don't think the poet reference is a problem. Most people don't use their middle names anyway, and it is a great thing to honour a great-grandfather with it.

Thank you all. Thats what I was thinking about not using ur middle name very often anyway so it wouldnt really matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->