do u like your midwife? me and mine dont seam to click

CS_and_bump

Reaction score
I live in a small village and there is only 1 midwife the problem is every time I've see her she's not had time for me. Although I have got a little girl who is 6 I've forgotten a lot of what happens at what stages. I feel like she doesn't even like her job and its too much trouble for her.

Does anyone else not get on with there midwife? X

I think a few people do find this. Will she be your birthing midwife or will you be in hospital? That's the important bit really. I live in a city so see someone different every time!

My OB is very young and very cold. She has terrible bedside manner, seems very judgmental, and dismisses everything I tell her as "normal". Including being barely able to get out of bed all day due to severe pain. I have SPD which she doesn't believe in and she told me to do stretches that, had I done them, could have caused irreparable damage. I've hated her since my first visit with her!

I am lucky though because she works in a practice with four other doctors and I've just gone into rotation and have so far met the two other female doctors who are nothing at all like her and are much nicer and more knowledgeable and patient. Any of the five doctors could be the one on call the day I go into labor though so I'm hoping I get anyone but her.

Would it be possible to go to a mw at a nearby town? In my village we actually have nothing but one family doctor, so everyone drives about half an hour to one of the larger towns for pretty much everything.

As has been said, some do find this. Unfortunately. My midwife won't be the one who is there at the birth (she is a community midwife) and I am quite glad about that. She is lovely but she seems quite shy and I like a confident midwife who makes me confident in their ability. I can't imagine her actually delivering a baby.
Will she be delivering your baby?

I have a community midwife too, and whilst she came across as very abrupt the first time I saw her she has been better with each consecutive visit. She won't be at the birth though. I like her enough for what she needs to do.

Hey, mine was really nice.. but she has left and I am seeing another one.. not sure on who is good or not, the second one seems more clinical, but I guess I have faith in my GP somewhat. Are you under Midwife care or Hospital; if midwife surely you can speak to your GP and find another one elsewhere who can come in to see you where you live xx

No she's only my community midwife but I still feel like I'm putting her out by seeing her. I'm going at 11 this morning and I'm worried how she's gonna be x

No she's only my community midwife but I still feel like I'm putting her out by seeing her. I'm going at 11 this morning and I'm worried how she's gonna be x

Try not to let it bother you, I know it's hard though. Maybe she's sees it as just a job or maybe she'll be better today. Let us know how you get on.

mine is really nice as well, she chats for england lol.
I went with my friend to her booking in though and her midwife was really cold and abrupt - she was so disapointed.
I know they are very busy but they need to remember this is a very exciting and worrying time for us all x

:hugs:
It's difficult when you don't get along with someone who is a huge part of your health. I didn't get along with my original OB and ended up switching practices and currently love my OB. Unfortunately you said that yours seem to be the only game in town...is the next town over to far for appointments? If not you may want to make the longer drive to find someone you click with better. if not, Hopefully you either grow on eachother or you get a fabulous MW at the hospital to devlier your LO. sending good vibes your way.

oh chick..at the end of the day she has a duty of care to you and has to do her job even on a bad day... sorry you midwife not so good.. wish you the best.. come on here and moan afterwards which will make you feel better I am sure!! Hugs xx

In most areas you will have a choice of a number of hospitals/birthing centres, however, your midwife will be the "local" one.

I have never birthed in my "local" hospital approx an hour away due to it being a hell hole (!) but chose one in Edinburgh which is a centre of excellence. I therefore never have my local midwife do much except for regular checkups, which is fine by me as I know she won't be there at the birth anyhow.:thumbup:

Unless you are really unhappy, just stick with it as it may be unlikely that your midwife will be the one present when you finally give birth and she will at least give you the routine care you need now as per her job.:thumbup:

my midwifes really nice, and shes had twins herself so its an added bonus lol

I know how you feel, I see different midwives but one is really moody and judgemental and as for the sonographer who I have seen twice, she has the worst attitude ever. I dont know why they do the job - I get fed up at work myself but put a smile on and do my job properly, and so should they x

I've seen about 4 midwives so far :dohh: And I've only gotten on with the last one! Could you find out if there's anyone else you could see?! But, when you actually go into labour there's probably not a high chance that she'll be the person you see! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->