Do you actually feel...

Mazzy17

Reaction score
The baby slipping out when you have a vaginal birth? Or are you all spaced out on adrenalin and G & A etc that you dont notice?

I didn't feel my first as I had an epidural. With my second I had him at home with no medications and I felt him come out. It was incredible. I'm planning another homebirth without medications with this baby.

Oh yes you do feel your baby slipping out once you've pushed their head out, its a weird feeling! Like a BIG fish/jelly feeling, sounds crazy I know, but you'll see!!

I felt my daughter come out and reached down to grab her too.

I didn't feel my first as I had an epidural. With my second I had him at home with no medications and I felt him come out. It was incredible. I'm planning another homebirth without medications with this baby.

Agreed! My 1st was epidural and I did not feel it but 2nd was no medication and yes feels like a jellyfish falling out (doesn't hurt at all once the head is gone)

Yes, it's a great feeling because it means you're finally done. ;)

I had an intrathecal, but it was just for 2 hours and wore off just as it was time to push, so I felt him, yes. He came out head and all in one push, so I didn't feel it for long.

You feel it and you feel parts (arms, shoulders, et cetera) flopping out. I'm not even sure what the first floppy feeling was... maybe each floppy feeling was each arm? Was one the head? I don't know... anyway, yes, you feel it. Your attention is very much drawn inward and the baby and what's happening down there is part of your experience.

I didn't mind the pushing part as it felt useful and I could feel baby coming out. It relieved the pain and felt awesome, mainly as it meant the pain was over!

I had an epidural as needed forceps and they thought maybe a c-section, i was gutted that i did not feel him come out (forceps delivery in the end). I almost felt like i cheated labour as i did not feel him come out.

I definitely felt him come out. The sense of relief after wards is incredible. The pain stops immediately. And to feel that big thing being pulled out of you feels so good. Feels like the weight of the world has been taken from you.

I had an epidural as needed forceps and they thought maybe a c-section, i was gutted that i did not feel him come out (forceps delivery in the end). I almost felt like i cheated labour as i did not feel him come out.

This was exactly like my birth!:thumbup: I really wanted to feel him come out :wacko: but at the end of the day I had a healthy baby So i'm not too upset about it!:flower:

:thumbup: yeah i am ok with it now but initially felt less of a mum because i id not feel it. Having healthy outcome was all that really matters :flower:

This was exactly like my birth!:thumbup: I really wanted to feel him come out :wacko: but at the end of the day I had a healthy baby So i'm not too upset about it!:flower:

I was the same with my first birth - foreceps, narrowly avoiding a section. But I had g&a only with my dd and I could feel everything. It was amazing. Hopefully you'll get that experience next time.

:thumbup: yeah i am ok with it now but initially felt less of a mum because i id not feel it. Having healthy outcome was all that really matters :flower:

I had an epidural and a ventouse delivery and I still felt the baby coming out. It was a really weird feeling and seemed to last ages even though she was only small. But lovely feeling though :)

I had an epidural 15 hours before having him so it wore off by pushing mostly, and could walk after i was cleaned up to my recovery room. I felt him come out, the head it was hurts, after that its easy and smooth. It happens so fast and like a PP said, it feels jelly like sliding out. Its pretty incredible.

Wonderful feeling bc as other pp has stated, you're done! It happens kind of all at once and is fast-kinda slips right out like a fish, haha.

I was the same with my first birth - foreceps, narrowly avoiding a section. But I had g&a only with my dd and I could feel everything. It was amazing. Hopefully you'll get that experience next time.

I had failed forceps and a c section after pushing with only gas and air for 2 hours. Felt cheated that I did all the hard work but never got the push him out. Took me a long time to cime to terms with it. Felt a c section wasn't actually giving birth.. although
Now I'm ok with it and realise I still gave birth. Hoping for a vbac this time so I can experience it all.

Oh yes you do feel your baby slipping out once you've pushed their head out, its a weird feeling! Like a BIG fish/jelly feeling, sounds crazy I know, but you'll see!!

Exactly how id explain it ! Its deffinately a crazy feeling! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"