Do you celebrate Valentine's Day?

We don't celebrate Valentines Day, save making goodie bags for DS school, which I love to spoil his class mates!

We actually celebrate our anniversary in Oct and we celebrate our "Valentines Day" on April 12th which is National Grilled Cheese Day. We watched a movie a long time ago when we were just dating in 2001 called "Love and Sex", that said "for old married couples saying I love you has become so rote that it loses its meaning and could replaced by any word like cheese sandwich" he then tells her "I cheese sandwich you, Kate".

SO my DH put our own twist and say "I grilled cheese sandwich you" thus we make our own holidays! :haha:

And when we make grilled cheese sandwiches...well you get the hint!

We do... But we don't go as extravagant as some. We're having it a day late this year, just cooking dinner now for us! Because we live long distance it is nice to celebrate it I don't know if we will as much when we live together lol!

we do usually but we celebrate it more as a family day :) we get the kids stuff and each other a box of chocolates and we all go out for supper :)

Yes we do, the argument against it can be applied to all holidays i.e mothers day- I'm a mother all year and my family appreciate me all year don't they? Same goes with every other day that's marked out. For me/us it's a day that celebrates couples and being in love rather than just showing you love someone, we constantly do things as a couple. valentines day is a lovely day of the year and it's a shame that some can't let others enjoy it and just moan and complain, nobody is forcing you to buy things!

My thoughts exactly!

I have been single for over 5 years before meeting my OH. I have been lonely a lot during that time. Before, I was really anti-Valentine as well, moaning it was all an industry made to make you buy stuff. Now I know how precious it is to have someone to love who loves you back. It is not something to be taken for granted. And even though we also show our love throughout the year, I really like to celebrate Valentine's Day with a nice dinner together or a weekend away.

We don't really. Some years OH has got me something this year he didn't. It's his birthday on that day so we usually just celebrate that. I don't have much opinion on it though if he got me something great, if not then he doesn't

What I don't understand is people getting iPads and stuff to me is not that worthy of presents to that expense but that's just me I also agree with that on Mother's Day and Father's Day, a nice pair of socks and a card with we have LO one day will be enough

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->