Do you cook your bubs food or get ready made??

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
Ladies...do you cook your bubs food or get ready made??...eg,cow and gate tins? Or did you start with ready made food and then move onto cooking your own? How do you decide? Whats best?

So i guess there is no set way of doing it is there?

I batch cooked once a fortnight or when ever I cooked for the family I made a little extra and froze it in ice cube trays and just popped out the amount I needed.I used tins rarely.Mainly when i was out and about.The tins are good to get an idea of what baby likes the most though.saves a bit of money rather than cook loads then bin it if baby don't like it.Have fun experimenting!

Whatever suits you really

Caitlin didn't like my cooking LMAO but tbh I always found it hard to forget adding salt and well maybe our food choices aren't better than jars so shes been on Jar foods. Shes been having some of our dinner though depending what we're having as she loves eatting with us :D

Whatever suits you really

Caitlin didn't like my cooking LMAO but tbh I always found it hard to forget adding salt and well maybe our food choices aren't better than jars so shes been on Jar foods. Shes been having some of our dinner though depending what we're having as she loves eatting with us :D

thanks for that wobbles, always good to hear what others do :) :rofl: at caitlin not liking your cooking, i wonder if maddi will like mine, probably not :dohh:

4thbump - i was planning on doing the ice cube trays too :)

Bit of both - i have done fruit & veggie purees & frozen them which he loves & also use jars for variety / convenience :)

i was thinking about the whole convince thing too bev, glad others day jars too, was wondering how i would take all my own food out etc :blush:

We've given him mostly fresh when we can as its probably better in the long run for him, plus its easy just to make a little extra and mash it up. But we have given him a jar when Ive had him on my own and not had time.

xxx

We do a bit of both. There are no set rules just go for what you fancy really.....i bought some jars as they sounded really nice and also i know what to cook Tabs as she totally turned her nose up at brocolli! little moo after i did a whole batch of it!
I bought some great little pots from wilkinsons with little lids on really cheapy and can be sterilised too. I take food in these and defrost and serve in these and also if i want to split a jar up etc so i dont waste any.
xxx

When I do it, I'll cook my own. I've already started making food cubes when I have an extra banana or apple or if something is on sale in the store.

Im starting to cook max's food now that i know what he likes and dislikes

I started with the intention of cooking all of my babies and childrens food. I'm a keen homecook and a full-time Mummy but must admit that I sometimes end up giving Toby a jar and always take a jar out with me....I use Hipp Organic jars as they're not overthickened and baby can eat it at room temperature without a problem.

Most of his food is home-made though and I do batches and have about 4 or 5 different meals in the freezer at any one time for him:happydance:. His favourites seem to be roast chicken dinners and Lancashire Hotpot:baby:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->