Do you drink alcohol when TTC?

maria86

Reaction score
Do you drink alcohol when TTC? I don't mean a bottle of vodka, i mean an occasional beer or wine?

Hubby and I didn't drink for approximately 2-3 weeks before TTC (only during one day trip to NY did we have some wine). And only have one glass of wine when AF comes and nothing in between.. what about you? I miss my wine :cry:

Hi, I don't drink at all in the TWW. But as soon as the witch arrives I'll have a glass or two of wine ,I'm not a big drinker anyway so it's not too difficult.x sending baby dust Af due for me either Friday or Saturday so fingers crossed she doesn't arrive and I go 9months with no wine :)

I'm not a big drinker, but I did drink around the time I conceived my son. It was new years eve so pretty hard to avoid. Of course once I found out I was pregnant, I stopped having the occasional drink.

In general, I don't. Especially not during the TWW but I did the other night because my friend was moving out of state and I wont see her for a long time.

Even in the TWW, it's totally fine as long as you aren't doing it excessively all the time. Even if you are pregnant, it's just a bundle of cells at that point. I've heard plenty of stories of women binge drinking all the way up to like 5 or 6 weeks pregnant, because they had no clue, and the pregnancy being just fine.

Either way, even all the way through pregnancy, a glass or two of red wine occasionally is actually good for you.

Though medical authorities don’t advocate drinking while TTC, I don’t think a glass of wine once in a while would do any harm, at least till the time of conception. My wife continued her glass of wine at dinner time, and one coffee a day in TTC period. However, she completely abstain alcohol of any sort, once she confirmed the pregnancy. Anyway, if you have a very healthy lifestyle in terms of food, sleep & exercise, you can compensate in other ways. But, once you know for sure that you are pregnant, you should quit it, honestly.

When I was TTC last time, I didn't drink at all for 7 months because I thought it would help my chances. I then went to Poland for 2 weeks for my brother's wedding and drank every night I was there (big family get together!) Surprise surprise, that was the month we conceived! I stopped as soon as I found out though. I love my wine but it's not a hard sacrifice for my little man :)

i don't drink at home but i will have a few if i go out which isn't very often x

I did with my daughter and she is perfectly happy and healthy! Got my BFP 5 days before missed AF and stopped of course. I come from a community of beer drinkers during football season 😁 I personally see ZERO harm unit while TTC

Got my period today, so having some wine tonight, that is about the extent of it.

Im big on my wine so yes a glass of wine or 2 every other day.

When I had DD I was binge drinking and out of my mind....didnt find out till I was at least a week or so late. Lucky my periods are regular otherwise I would have not guessed I was pregnant (extreme circumstances)

Yup, I just carry on with everything as normal. Obviously if you have fertility issues your doctor might tell you to restrict caffeine and alcohol etc. to try to make your body as healthy as it can possibly be, but otherwise it's fine. I don't drink tons anyway as a rule, but I only stop when I see that BFP. The baby doesn't make contact with your bloodstream until 5 weeks anyway, which is 21dpo - which one of us ISN'T going to know they're pregnant by 21dpo?!?!? Ha ha!!

DH and I just carry on as if nothing has changed. Sure we've only been TTC for this cycle and the one before, but if no BFP for another cycle I'll give up the wine/beer for a few months (except during AF!). I haven't touched spirits etc since 2014 too. If we do fall pregnant it's cold turkey!
Totally worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->