Do you drive?

Laura2919

Team Twilight!!
Reaction score
I see more and more people who dont have a licence.. To be honest I think I would be completely lost without my car...

I couldnt do without it..

Do you drive and could you do without driving?

I dont atm.

I could cope easily as I do lol. We live in a semi rural place too. I just internet shop alot lol. TBH, I think I might put weight on when I drive :( I currently do 5miles a day minimum.

I am learning to drive though because Matthews needs are getting harder for me to manage on my own. He also has low muscle tone.

I do. My life would be very difficult without a car as I rely on it for uni (20 minute drive away but up to 2 hour bus commute).

I didn't learn until I was 21/22 though and I never felt bothered about it! I think it's one of those things that you don't realise how much you 'need' it until you have it.

I do and where I live it would be a total NIGHTMARE if I didn't. Buses unreliable and ludicrously expensive. Nearest proper shops, train station, etc, are all unwalkable distances.

When we lived in London though we didn't have a car and didn't need one. However we'd borrow my mums car for some long trips. Or we could have hired one.

i dont drive and yes its a pain in the ass! im going to be learning next year

I live just outside London. Our buses are a pain in the backside and the trains are just far too packed all the time..
I love the comfort of my own car but traffic puts me off big time.

I can't drive; I'm a bit dyspraxic so struggle with anything that involves 'multitasking'. My OH really worries and wants me to learn to drive but ATM my heart just isn't in it. For some reason people in my immediate family really struggle with learning to drive anyway; my dad finally passed his test aged 35, my mum cannot drive, and only one of my sisters can drive-she passed her test aged 37 or 38 after many attempts and she can only drive automatics xx

I can't drive . . . yet!! I'm fed up of not being able to drive and I can't wait til I can. The car just sits there on the drive all day and whenever I go anywhere I have to get on the tram. My friends offer me lifts if we're all going out somewhere together but it means two friends coming to get us all; so one baby in one car the other in another. It's just daft. I intend to pass my test next year!!! That's my goal :thumbup:

I dont drive yet but my test is in a couple of weeks. I didnt notice how restrictive it was until this week as my partner passed and we have been able to do loads of things we othewise wouldnt of :thumbup:

Yep, I can drive and yep, I'd definitely be lost without my car! Was the best thing I ever did learning

No I cant drive but really wish I could. If it wasn't so expensive for lessons etc then I would.

At 18 I done loads of lessons but had to stop when expecting DD1 as I really couldn't afford it. OH drives so its not so bad, next year I plan on getting put onto his insurance and learning to drive that way. :flower:

Yes I drive I passed at 17 so have been driving for 9 years now :shock:

I could not live without my car it is really essential to me as I have E in a wheelchair (7 years) and J in a pram (10 months). If I never had a car I would never get out as I can't push both a pram and a wheelchair at the same time to use public transport. God I don't even want to think about life without a car. But I suppose my circumstances are a bit different to other peoples. x

nope, as I live in London it doesn't really bother me, think having a car would be more hassle actually!

I drive and I have a car..... I think I could live without mine, but wouldn't want to!

I dont drive...But i want to desperatly.

I drive and my god I would be lost without my car. I live in The middle of nowhere an te nearest town (for my work and uni) is 2 buss journeys away! As soon as I was 17 I was like right license time!

I drive but I don't have a car.

It's easy if I only go the places I *HAVE* to go, but getting places, especially in the winter or rain etc really sucks... so we definitely need to buy a car by the time LO goes to school in 2013. It's not too far to walk in nice weather, but in the rain or snow it is.

Reasons for not having a car is not that I can't afford to buy one- I can't afford (well, choose not to, it's a big expense) car insurance!

yes I have had my license since I was a teenager. I drive daily...several times a day. We own two cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->