Do you drive?

Yep, I'm so glad I learned (I was 26 so a late starter lol). The times I've had to use public transport with Holly, have been a stressy nightmare. I love having a car, even if it is a heap of shite :haha:

I'm still learning lol taking my test in December/January and yes it does make things difficult not having a car, with my 6 yr old who's autistic and hopefully another one on the way it will be essential that i can drive. Hopefully i'll pass before baby arrives x

I drive and couldn't be without my car, especially now I have a baby!! x

And I've nearly had my license a year! The 23rd of this month, the day after I found out I was pregnant!!

I do drive. There is no way I could cope without it either, mainly because my eldest school is two miles away, my best friend is about 7 miles away, in the middle of nowhere so no buses. Theres just no way I could manage. My OH cant drive but has a moped :D

Not brilliant transport here either. I just ride my bike everywhere lol. I do think ti will be easier driving though just dont want to end up being lazy.

Yep, I've been driving for 15 years. I can't imagine not driving, it's like second nature to me now.

I can't believe how many people don't drive, I'd be lost without my car!! It's the first thing I did when I turned 17 passed just after my 18th birthday

Yep I drive. I passed 2 years ago and I cant imagine not driving now :)

I don't drive and neither does my OH! Although we manage with day to day stuff ok, there's no public transport so I do a lot of walking, but things like taking LO to nursery would be so much easier if I had a car! OH is planning to start lessons in the new year which will be great for stuff like going on holiday/weekends away etc.

I do! I passed when I was 19 I think... Before that it really didn't bother me as I had people driving me around lol.
I didn't drive for around 6 months after having LO as couldn't afford insurance as I was made redundant and my mum hated seeing me at home all the time so paid for my insurance :thumbup: I then got a job so can afford it myself now!

I can drive, I do have a licence but not a car. Whilst i'm at uni I see no need :) I live on the doorstep for everything!

yeh i drive and id be stuck with out my car wouldnt be able to get lo out to toddler groups or any hobbies he has when hes bigger

I finally got around to sitting my test when I was 32 weeks pregnant with Roo :blush: So glad I did it then, after procrastinating for so long. I wouldn't have been able to do stuff like baby signing classes if I hadn't been driving. Now that I have a second one on the way, I'm even more glad that I finally got my backside in gear :blush:

Even 2 years on from passing my test, I do still have "OMG I can drive by myself!" moments :rofl:

It probably does make me fairly lazy in some respects, but for me the pros vastly outweigh the cons.

I drive and i couldnt live without my car. I went a couple of weeks without a car when we were swapping having 2 cars to the one between us and it was dreadful!! I dont know how people cope not driving, but then i guess if youve never had it you cant miss it!!!

Yes I drive and would go bonkers without my car. I'm a SAHM so keeping two cars isn't cheap!. I live in a rural town and i would go crackers without my car, but could live with one car if we really had to.

i don't yet but hopefully a few more lessons and i will be booking my test
my OH drives so we aren't completely stuck but here the nearest proper shop or post office is 6miles away and takes just short of 2hours to walk while pushing the buggy so i usually rely on OH or the rubbish bus service which is one bus every hour

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->