Do you ever feel so obsessed about ttc?

mom22boys

Reaction score
I think I am making myself sick!!! I come home I get a head ache (I am stopping caffeine I might add). I think I may be starting to have a anxiety attach. My whole body hurts, last night I convinced my husband my heart was beating fast. He timed it and he said it was just fine. (actually he said it was slow) I don't know how hard he tried to time it however. He told me I was obsessed and I need to calm down. I don't know why I just feel so anxious! I just feel tight all over!

AM I LOOSING IT????????
Anyone else having any weird body aches while ttc.

LOL maybe I should have stayed on the antidepressants! YIKES!

I've been off my antidepressants for well over a year now- for mild depression and anxiety. I've been doing well for all that time, but this ttc has brought my anxiety levels right up. I'm trying to keep calm and relaxed but i'm struggling a bit.
i've been exercising- at least one long walk every night with hubby. And i'm trying positive thinking and trying to relax and think about what i'm doing in the moment instead of worrying about baby things.
i too tend to obsess, not just ttc but i usually get passionate about things. I've tried to back off a little but its not easy. Telling myself it'll happen if I stop obsessing about it. I just like to have some control with things, and this ttc stuff is very much up to nature. Lately I've been getting worked up about nothing and my anxiety is getting worse- tight feeling in my chest, constant feeling of dread, fast breathing etc. If anyone has any tips to help i'd be quite interested too!
I hope you feel better, I don't have much advice, but its nice to know the

I also have anxiety issues, havent been on meds in a few years. I'm usually ok.Clomid made me feel very anxious, and caffiene made me crazy on it!

I also feel like TTC is driving me crazy,all the time. I'm trying to win the fight by staying busy with a lot of other things...we'll get there!

I do because yesterday I got a positive opk and I got super excited like it was xmas morning excited lol my DH was just looking at me like i was a wierdo lol made my day though!

yes! I have been obsessing since our miscarriage in 2006! Seriously i know more about having babies and pregnancy symptoms...then most of my friends who HAVE had kids know! I feel you!

Thanks guys!

I try to breath! I got up and walked in place for a while today in the living room LOL! I have this head ache that comes at night so I went and got some Tylenol. You know it funny if I stay busy I am fine, its when I have time to sit I start thinking I am going to have a heart attack or something.

I was on Celexa when I got pregnant with my second and he had serious lung issues when he was born. (among a long list of other things) SO I am not willing to chance it this time so I went off of the antidepressants! (like I said earlier)

I really thought I was having some mental issues. Now I feel better! :)

Yes, I was very obsessed until last month.. I almost had a complete break down & I was like woah look at myself I'm totally losing it. For now I'm in the mindset of trying to not think about it at all,yes it's extremely hard!

mom22boys- I have the exact same problem. I try to keep myself as busy as possible with other things, work, friends, university. But when I have time alone, I sit and worry, I stress, I imagine the stupidest situations and make myself feel sad. My doctor says that when in that situation you need to stop and just think about waht you are doing then and there. Even if it's making a cup of tea....just think about pouring the water in the cup, mixing the sugar, whatever. It takes your mind away from itself and plants in in the present.

This weekend we went away and it was so nice not to stress for once. It made me realize just how stressed I really was. Now I'm trying to relax and keep calm as much as possible! Good luck to you!

mom22boys- I have the exact same problem. I try to keep myself as busy as possible with other things, work, friends, university. But when I have time alone, I sit and worry, I stress, I imagine the stupidest situations and make myself feel sad. My doctor says that when in that situation you need to stop and just think about waht you are doing then and there. Even if it's making a cup of tea....just think about pouring the water in the cup, mixing the sugar, whatever. It takes your mind away from itself and plants in in the present.

This weekend we went away and it was so nice not to stress for once. It made me realize just how stressed I really was. Now I'm trying to relax and keep calm as much as possible! Good luck to you!

Hi girls! I know what you all mean,before we started my whole outlook was "if it happens it happens", i'm not going to stress! Yeah famous last words! From mth 2 i am obssessing over my O dates, nearly having a breakdown if we dont do it every day (which sometimes isn't practical!). Then this month i had myself convinced i was P only to get my AF yesterday, have had headaches/dizziness then yesterday a tight feeling in my chest, not sure though if this is stress caused by my job, am going to my doctor on Thurs!

My sister and husband keep telling me to relax and take it easy, try not to think/stress about it, it will happen! But i know come next week, i'll be calculating my O dates!

I feel exactly the same. I have recently stopped taking anti depressants after being on and off them for several years. I feel like all I think about is ttc and babies and I just can't stop myself. Like you say it's not too bad when you are occupied but once I have nothing to focus on I start stressing again. It is like a vicious circle because people say relax and it will happen but the longer it doesn't happen the more you stress.

I almost feel trapped I wish I could switch off and just relax but I just can't. I thought this month perhaps I won't temp to try and take abit more of a relaxed approach but then I thought what if this is the one month I don't ovulate and I will have no way of telling, I just can't seem to release that control.

Arghhhhhhhhhh I just want this so so badly

For me, it seems like TTC occupies my thoughts 24/7 - it's never ending and relentless...

God, I hope I get preggers soon! My mind can't handle the overload lol!!

This is only our second month trying, and i feel like i am losing it already! one more day until i can test... i don't think i've ever been more anxious! Fingers crossed we all get our BFP's soon, so we can stop obsessing!

This is only our second month trying, and i feel like i am losing it already! one more day until i can test... i don't think i've ever been more anxious! Fingers crossed we all get our BFP's soon, so we can stop obsessing!

FX'd for you tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->