do you ever realise that you're not actually doing anything with your baby!?!

LPF

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I spend lots of time with him talking and playing, and we do waterbabies, bounce and rhyme, baby sensory, playdates etc....i'm not a bad mother or anything!! but I just realised that Evan has spent 20 mins in the jumparoo and is now sat on the floor playing with his vtec and i've barely said 2 words to him and he's barely looked at me!!!

I feel bad as it took me nearly an hour to notice!! Anyone else sometimes have.....less interactive moments!!?

We do, i sit/lay on the floor and play with her alot, but sometime's when she's happily playing on her mat/ in her sit up ring, i tend to do a little bit of tidying/ or more so a quick hoover as it's noisy when she's napping.

Yes! I was only saying to my sister yesterday that by the time I've fed him, he's had a nap or we're out for a walk or having a bath, at the moment it doesn't seem to leave much time for play, we just sing if we get chance... Or rather I do and he laughs at me xxx

Oh we do too. I love playing with Fran but I want her to be able to keep herself occupied too so try and give her a little time on her own. She does get frustrated with her own company quite quickly but it's gradually getting better. I don't leave her any longer that 15 or 20 mins though - usually shorter if she starts yelling at me lol.

Oh gosh, if I spent every waking minute entertaining Thomas, my face would end up in a contorted grimace from the effort of all the smilng and laughing, haha!

oh thank god haha, i try to do as much as possible but i just zone out sometimes. he's quite independant though, and is quite happy on his playmat for 20 mins, hell let me know if he's bored :D

Oh good, glad its not just me then!!!

I think everyone must have times like this. Entertaining a baby all day is exhausting and even mummy's need a little bit of time off sometimes. So long as LO is happy then I don't think you need to be interacting with them 100% of the time. It is actually very good for them to learn to entertain themselves and be happy in their own company for short periods. I think it is the sign of a happy and contented baby. x

i would take a break if i could, but my LO would never allow it. if i leave her to play, she crawls right over to where i am until i pick her up! thank god my OH is a huge help. we take turns

YES!!! but thats his fault not mine...whenever i try and play with him he runs away!! haha....the only thing he really enjoys doing with me is using me as a climbing frame and chewing my toys!!

dont get me wrong we do do lots of things together =) lol, i made it sonund as if i neglected him! xxx

oh gosh yeh. she was in her bouncer earlier and i was more interested in watching "dont tell the bride" eeek and completely forgot to talk 2 her << bad mummy but she was quite happy just staring at me eating my breakfast lol!!

I can't entertain her constantly and even if I try she gets frustrated lol! I think it does them good to have some alone time. What ya gotta think is also (makes me feel slightly better haha) is (oops not sure if you do have more than 1 LO) that if you had other children, you would need to be sorting them out etc and cant always focus ur attention 100% on LO ... IYKWIM?

xx

I try to play with her and entertain her all the time but most of the time she wont have any of it. She's always hated being held and fussed over for a long amount of time and when I go over to play with her on her mat she acts as if I've spoilt her fun, I'm obviously cramping her style already :haha: I do try

maddox is often happiest rolling around the floor with his toys, so i leave him to it x

Last night I was staying at a friends house and put Rosie to bed (on a blanket on the floor :dohh: ) and she was not interested in going to bed (despite her crying for an hour from being tired). I just left her there oping she would fall asleep and my friend mentioned how good she entertains herself... I wasn't even thinking of it just really enjoying some me time on the computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->