Do you ever wake a sleeping baby ??

kalou1972

Mummy to Miller & TTC #2
Reaction score
So today Milller has been strange !!

We went for a walk around the lake and he was fine toi start with but then started grizzling. By the time we got back to the car he was screaming and continued all the way home !!

We got back and i calpoled him....and infacoled him ( still colic at 21wks !) then fed him. He then fell asleep for near on 3 hrs.

At 315 he woke again screaning ! ( not like him ) .....i tried comforting him but nothing worked.....eventually i put him back on the boob...he fed then has been asleep ever since !!! He never usually sleeps this much.......

....should i wake him ??

Any ideas whats going off ??

Growth spurt? Teething? I never wake my little girl, if they are sleeping they must need it x

Only if he falls asleep in the car on the way somewhere. I'm not going to sit in a parked car and wait for him to wake up.
But in normal circumstances, nope, never. Kid barely ever sleeps as it is.

Hi, No ideas what could be wrong with ur LO.... could he be teething?

As for waking a sleeping baby I have heard many times that you never should, however its not always practical. I wake my LO most mornings as if i didn't we'd never leave the house till after midday...she's a sleeper!!! However I literally wake her up to change her nappy, dress and feed her then if she wants to when we go out she'll go back to sleep... though these days more often of not she'll stay awake. If your worried he won't sleep tonight then maybe give him a nudge and see if he wakes... but I wouldn't force him to stay awake. My LO sometimes sleeps alot during the day and still sleeps at night, my health visitor said babies sometimes get extra sleep due to growth spurts.

sounds like a growth spurt to me or teething...but no, dont wake the baby! thats asking for trouble! lol

hes just woke up again....he started crying and altho settled now isnt his normal smiley self ??xx

I would say teething, just a guess tho im no expert xo

I wake Charlie up if I need to feed him before we go out. I have a 7 year old that does swimming and scouts through the week and Charlie stays home with dad, if hes sleeping and will need to eat soon I wake him. I would guess growth spurt

Yes, I wake my LO. I try not to let her sleep more than two hours at a time during the day or go more than four hours between feeds, so I usually have to wake her at least once every day.

Nope, I never wake Bella up. If I do, she's cranky for 1+ hours and hard to settle.

ThaNKS ladies.....TBH Miller doesnt usually sleep that much so not usually a problem !

Hes just not quite himself !xx

Maybe he is getting a cold or something, maybe teething. Poor chap, hope he feels better soon. xxx

I only wake my LO up if he needs a feed or a nappy change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->