Do you ever wonder...

hivechild

Mummy to Ronan
Reaction score
How frustrating it would be to have as much mobility in the womb as your baby has, to not being able to even roll over once they're born?

I couldn't help but think about it at my last ultrasound when the baby was bouncing, rolling and wriggling around like a jumping jack bean. I know it's going to be more and more cramped in there over the coming months, but even in the end they have more freedom of movement than they do when they're newborn!

Hadn't thought about it but yeah you're right! That must be pretty frustrating. On top of the trauma of being born it's no wonder they scream lol.

yeah thats an interesting way to look at it, i guess its like swimming for us.. your kind of floating, then u get out and wham! gravity.

i hadnt thought of that! interesting.

i bet they get really sleepy to rest up for the big day--kind of like how our energy fluctuates through pregnancy. I would imagine birth to be intense for them.

apparently they're supposed to really love it when it gets cramped, hence why when they come out they are calm and content when swaddled, it reminds them of being immobile in the later months of pregnancy. it is interesting though, especially since we don't know if they remember enough of the earlier parts of the pregnancy to remember having more room at a point. like do they have a sense of their bodies growing or us shrinking?

Not just that, they have to learn how to breathe air into their lungs instead of amniotic fluid, learn to eat through their mouths instead of being fed through the umbilical cord, and also their body temperature is no longer maintained by being constantly surrounded by their mother's body.
Then they have to learn everything! What things are, who people are, how to communicate, language, all of life's lessons.
No wonder none of us remember being born, I think it's probably the worst thing (most traumatic) that ever happens to us in life!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->