Do you ever

Kiki1993

Reaction score
Ok this is a strange one in my head and when I asked one of my friends she said she never thinks this but maybe like minded WTT will. Well for the past 4 days our sex life has been :thumbup: ... like really top notch. And then I sometimes think (even though i'm on the pill) ... We could have just made a baby that was so good, because O help conceive and I was lying in bed and I couldn't stop thinking about it, I got very happy at the thought of having a baby, despite not having the things we want to do checked off the list first :blush:
Do you ever get this?

Yes! Even though we're waiting, and we've got some stuff to do first (house), and i know logically that a baby right now would be difficult.... i still sort of hope. EVERY. TIME.

Probably even more irrational than that: I get excited when i think my period is late. Which is stupid because i use the implant and don't even have regular periods (so have no idea if i'm late or not!)

But i think that's a part of wtt. If you feel ready in yourself (no matter what your reasons for waiting) you just want your baby.

Yeah it's exactly that! We are waiting until we can hopefully buy our own place, renting isn't great and would like to get a mortgage before we try, plus im only working part time because im in college but i want to go back full time.... my heart isnt in college, i enjoy it but i want a baby so badly! :haha:

we're the same. we are currently rent and are trying to buy now, but having lots of bad luck... want to be settled in our new home before ttc. but i'm finding it very difficult... I want a family more than anything else i've ever worked towards - and i've been wtt for what feels like forever and can't help but feel those '99% effective' contraception statistics are making me feel kind of hopeful for some sort of surprise...

I know we'd manage if it happened but i have to keep telling myself that sorting the house and savings now will make it so much better when we finally do try :D i'm sure you'll be the same, you'd be happy and you'd cope if it happened now but everything will be so much better if you finish the things you are doing now ? xxx

We have 3 more months until we are TTC, we are currently not using any protection and are only relying on the pull out. A part of me is hoping DH's timing is off. We've had some great in bed moments, and I have to admit, sex is sooooo much better condom free. Even though he's been pulling out right before, I have thought "Maybe I could be pregnant," and when I would be in TWW I sort of symptom spot :blush: though I know I'm not pregnant this month, I'm cramping pretty bad so AF should rear her ugly head any minute now.

Yeah i'm the same, we pay all our own bills and even with me being a student and only working part time we still have money spare at the end of the month, we used our 500 spare to fix our car this month, but we do really want a new car and a house .. we would cope now BUT i don't want my kids to grow up where we rent, theres a reason we have an amazing deal, because the area is horrible, the location is perfect as in its near to everything good but the people who live here are all on benefits and drink a lot, and the smell of weed hangs in the air sometimes! We could afford somewhere nicer but it wouldn't be close enough for me to walk to college and work, because my other half takes our car :thumbup:
Aw if i was in your shoes PP i would be convinced i'm pregnant at all time, even if there is the slightest chance of having a baby i jump and am convicned i am. Theres a girl i know who had 2 "accidents" using the pill correctly .. im like... yeah right, i have missed pills, i have been sick while on it, had antibiotics and i have never been that lucky :haha:

I don't even know if we will be able to buy now, our joined incomes are pretty low and other half has said he wants to keep his options open for moving for work and stuff. Will just have to see where we are at after the wedding and make a decision then :thumbup:

I seriously don't know how to cope during tww, the not knowing is torture, even when your not pregnant, you know it, your body plays tricks on you and makes your period late, i stopped my pill on thursday (weird because i started it on a sunday) and i know i probably wont be pregnant (getting sore back) but whenever there is a slither of a chance it gets your hopes up and then when witch shows you feel down in the dumps.
Statistically what is my chances, right now im overweight but working on losing weight so hoping to be ideal by the time we try :) and i will be 23/24 when we try ... i really hope it wont take more than 3 months, i can't take the tww! Think it's especially hard because like many of you, we have been waiting to try for so long and by the time we try we just want it to happen :haha: I have been obsessive today, to the extreme, looking at names, looking at baby stuff online, looking at holidays which would be good for when we have a child ... 1 year and 9 months to go, and i'm sure it will fly in, might make it the month after our weding though, knowing my luck ide get my period on our day or honeymoon because my body is so use to the pill, it's my only trusted contraception and ive been on it for just over 6 years so far so im guessing it will take a while for my body to adjust without it?
Sorry just kinda happy and broody today :blush:

I'm the girl that ALWAYS thinks she's pregnant... And the one time I didn't think anything of it (symptoms) I was pregnant!

My OH is the one that thinks I'm pregnant right now lmao! but af isn't due for 9 days so I think he's off his rocker...

I agree, i think the first tww will be brutally long... I'll need a hobby to keep me busy!

i don't tend to get that 2ww excitement because i don't get regular periods on the implant. i tend to get one every 2- 4 weeks. if it's been nearly 4 weeks without that's when i start to just question a little... and then i get really excited - it drives hubby mad! i should just stock up on tests and test every month to shut my brain up.

Kiki when is your TTC date? He he, I used to do this all the time before TTC with our first!!!

i literally do this all the time and im on the bcp too! i even go as far as taking IC pregnancy tests :blush: even when its like 2 weeks after AF! cant wait to be actually TTC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->