Do you ever..

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Lucy_lu_84, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Lucy_lu_84

Lucy_lu_84 Pregnant with #2

bring your LO back down after putting them to bed.

My lo is teething and i've been up to him about 8 times in past 45mins, so now he's dowbstairs having cuddles. Feel a bit guilty that I've now ruined all my dark work of getting him to settle.

is it bad move do you think?

2. Kitten

Kitten Mummy to Theakston & Nyah

Theakston sleeps down here with us til we go to bed but when he's growth spurt or teething or something it often goes to pot. The other day he slept 3-5pm then wouldn't go down for bed at 7pm. He stayed up til 11pm in the end then came into bed with me at 2am cos he wouldn't settle. There's not much else you can do really if they're wide awake and upset.

3. tinyme77

tinyme77 Well-Known Member

Yeah don't worry. If you've managed to get them to settle nicely in the past you can do it again. Teething is a b*tch isn't it?

4. Mum2b_Claire

Mum2b_Claire Mummy to Ruby & Scarlett!

I never do, but probably would if I'd been up 8 times in 45 mins! Don't worry. There's a reason why he needs extra cuddles, you're giving them to him, it's what he needs right now and he probably won't need it tomorrow!

5. SianMA

SianMA Mum to Ryan TTC#2

I try not to but have had to with Ryan having an awful cold and sore gums - I just make sure that if I do bring him down that the lights are dimmed or off and the TV is turned down and he just gets cuddles, no playing. If he does drop off I then try to put him to sleep on a cushion on the sofa next to me rather than sleep in my arms.

I also brought his moses basket downstairs once and put it in the kitchen so that it was easy for me to settle him quickly and he was soothed by the sound of the TV in the next room, seemed to work better than having him upstairs where it was too quiet when he woke up.

6. Lara+sam+bump

Lara+sam+bump Well-Known Member

I used to when he was younger, but now I never have too. But probs wod if nessasary :) xxx

7. Kimboowee

Kimboowee Complete

Yupp, we've had quite a few of those nights the last few weeks

8. Lu28

Lu28 Aisling's mammy

I've only done this once but you know yourself when it's necessary. The one time we did it, we didn't see any difference in her going to bed as normal the next night :hugs:

9. faille

faille Mummy & WTT

Personally, I wouldn't bring her downstairs. I have a rocking chair in her room that I'd use and just gently rock and comfort her in her room, with dim lights and no other sound/noises. So she has the comfort but not the disturbance of being in another room and it's easy to put her back in bed when she falls asleep.

10. Jkelmum

Jkelmum Well-Known Member

If my lo is ill they come down routine goes to pot but i start again when they are well again x

11. Connah'sMommy

Connah'sMommy Well-Known Member

I do this sometimes if Connah is ill or if he just wont settle.
    He always goes straight back into his routine though with no problems,i just dont make a habit of it xx

12. mum2bee

mum2bee mother of 1

ye i defo wud do hun

13. mrsholmes

mrsholmes Well-Known Member

Scott is the same, but i dont bring him out of the room I sit and cuddle him in the nursery if i take him down stairs he gets nosey and over tired