Do you ever..

Lucy_lu_84

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
bring your LO back down after putting them to bed.

My lo is teething and i've been up to him about 8 times in past 45mins, so now he's dowbstairs having cuddles. Feel a bit guilty that I've now ruined all my dark work of getting him to settle.

is it bad move do you think?

Theakston sleeps down here with us til we go to bed but when he's growth spurt or teething or something it often goes to pot. The other day he slept 3-5pm then wouldn't go down for bed at 7pm. He stayed up til 11pm in the end then came into bed with me at 2am cos he wouldn't settle. There's not much else you can do really if they're wide awake and upset.

Yeah don't worry. If you've managed to get them to settle nicely in the past you can do it again. Teething is a b*tch isn't it?

I never do, but probably would if I'd been up 8 times in 45 mins! Don't worry. There's a reason why he needs extra cuddles, you're giving them to him, it's what he needs right now and he probably won't need it tomorrow!

I try not to but have had to with Ryan having an awful cold and sore gums - I just make sure that if I do bring him down that the lights are dimmed or off and the TV is turned down and he just gets cuddles, no playing. If he does drop off I then try to put him to sleep on a cushion on the sofa next to me rather than sleep in my arms.

I also brought his moses basket downstairs once and put it in the kitchen so that it was easy for me to settle him quickly and he was soothed by the sound of the TV in the next room, seemed to work better than having him upstairs where it was too quiet when he woke up.

I used to when he was younger, but now I never have too. But probs wod if nessasary :) xxx

Yupp, we've had quite a few of those nights the last few weeks

I've only done this once but you know yourself when it's necessary. The one time we did it, we didn't see any difference in her going to bed as normal the next night :hugs:

Personally, I wouldn't bring her downstairs. I have a rocking chair in her room that I'd use and just gently rock and comfort her in her room, with dim lights and no other sound/noises. So she has the comfort but not the disturbance of being in another room and it's easy to put her back in bed when she falls asleep.

If my lo is ill they come down routine goes to pot but i start again when they are well again x

I do this sometimes if Connah is ill or if he just wont settle.
He always goes straight back into his routine though with no problems,i just dont make a habit of it xx

Scott is the same, but i dont bring him out of the room I sit and cuddle him in the nursery if i take him down stairs he gets nosey and over tired

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->