Do you exercise in the tww?

LittleOnes

Mommy to a son
Reaction score
Hey ladies, I believe I just entered my tww! :thumbup:

How does everyone feel about exercise, and especially vigorous exercise during this time? I know this may just come down to personal preference...

For the past month DH and I have been doing P90X which is an 'extreme' home exercise regimen where you're doing some weights (I usually stick to lighter weight and more reps, vs heavier weight), and mainly breaking a constant sweat for 6 days a week. Mostly it is low impact, but it is definitely vigorous. before that I generally did light to moderate yoga everyday.

I feel great doing it but now am just curious whether I should hold off for a couple weeks? This week is an 'off week' where you're still moving and groovin but the exercises are shorter (<hr vs 75-90 min) and a bit less intense - but next week starts up again with normal intensity.

I guess my question is, what would you or do you do? I have heard that as a general rule you can do the level of exercise your body is used to once your pregnant, but if you've been doing light yoga don't then run a marathon.

Thanks for your opinions!

Working out is good for you body as long as you dont over-work yourself. I did P90x and its pretty tough.. but if you do things right i think you should be fine!

Btw I've still been working out during my TWW.. :)

I still run and do the occasional P90x workout too. I think exercising is fine. And great for relieving built up stress!

I am too.. I actually asked my dr. if I could still be going to the gym... started about 3 months ago.... but then took off like 3 whole weeks! :( I told her all of this.. and she said I absolutely can. I even asked if it was ok to still do zumba and step she said go for it! :)

i still exercise at full whack, been training for the great north run and various 10km races and doing fine. it should affect anything at all. only time i havent is when i felt rather nauseous last week for a few days.

i still exercise, apparently if you're exercising at a level that you always have, then it should be fine. if you dont exercise at all and then try to take up a fitness regime it might be a problem.

I was wondering about this one too as I do zumba classes at least 3 times a week, and have missed 2 classes this week as I started spotting 8 days before af due...and obviously had convinced myself if it was implantation bleeding that zumba might make it unstick :/
But I went back to class today as I realised that if it's meant to stick it will, and if it's af truly to arrive early then so be it....

Thanks ladies! I feel relieved hearing your stories. I worked out this am and it felt real good, so I'm just goin to take it day by day and see how I feel every morning. DEFINITELY a stress reliever!

I'll speak to my doctor too (though I'm thinking of finding a new doc), but in the meantime it should be fine. Like you've all said, since I've been doing these workouts for a month now my body and brain are used to the intensity.

The only thing is, assuming great success this cycle, those preggo hormones may make me want to kill Tony Horton! :haha:

I usually go 4-5 times a week, mainly step and pump ( but i lift quite heavy weights) I haven't been this week at all yet, planning on going to bums n tums saturday morning, and maybe pump sunday night, going to try and calm it down a bit in this 2ww, dont know if it'll make any difference but have bfn's so far and Im now on cycle 6 so trying to do a few things different this month.
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->