Do you exercise? What do you do?

DCS

Reaction score
Im fast aproaching 30. Goal is to be in decent shape. Birthday is in august. Im currently at 166lbs. And would like to get down to 145/ 140lbs. I have untill the end of july. I walk about 4 miles a day. Sometimes less. Looking for inspiration, what workouts work well? What would you recomend? I know a lot of it is to do with nutrition, but im trying to cut out the junk. I know i can do this, i did it a couple years ago. I just need a decent workout. And somone to kick me everytime i try to eat junk.

I go running which is great at weight loss and overall toning. Weather has been pants in the North East UK so haven't done much in a while. I am in a running club which I go to once a week. I also do Parkrun which is every Saturday and is held across the UK (might be one near you). I started running in Feb last year and now can do 15 miles without too much pain ;) (but not so soon after Xmas, haha!). Food-wise, use Lent to give up some unhealthy food, and just read the amount of calories in all the junk you are eating, it will soon put you off. Good luck! :)

I play netball, tennis and swim. I really like body pump and spinning but can't get to a class anymore.

I walk lots! Sometimes I get out on my bike. I'd like to do more, but life's too busy at the moment and hubby works long hours, so I don't really get much time away from the kids.

I do a lot of exercise. Weight training 3 days a week in my home gym, a whole body workout class twice a week (kiddos come along), in the winter I cross country ski maybe 4 days a week (pulling the kids in a trailer), in the summer lots of running with the jogging stroller or trail running if I don't have the kids, yoga most days at home (Fightmaster Yoga on YouTube is awesome), swimming a couple evenings a week, road biking outdoors in the summer and inside with my bike on a trainer in the winter. The vast majority of my workouts occur with the kids because I think it's important for them to see exercise as a normal part of our daily lives. My two year old has her own mat and 2lb weights and does a lot of workouts with me, she also really enjoys doing yoga. We also either walk or cycle (with kids in the bike trailer) instead of driving whenever possible.

Crossfit/Strength & conditioning 3-6 times a week :D
Sprints in nicer weather ... I've sucked on this for along time though but it's a great fat burner!
Cycling ... I have a road and mountain bike but again need to get back on the bike!

I eat clean 80/20 and don't follow a specific plan :D

My journey is over on Social Slimmers through various journals!

I go to the gym 3 times a week mainly do Pilates and body jam.
I also do a Zumba class once a week. I’m a lot heavier than I’d like to be but hopefully in the next few months il start to lose some weight.

Oh that reminds me i have a zumba dvd somewhere. I realy want something that doesnt feel like exercise. Something i look forward to doing.

I do a lot of walking. I walk everywhere.
I have a gym membership but haven't been for a while, oops :blush: When I do go I lift weights mainly.

YouTube fitness blender videos. I started with 15 minute ones and when I get more in shape go up to 30 minutes

YouTube fitness blender videos. I started with 15 minute ones and when I get more in shape go up to 30 minutes

I love Fitness Blender!
I love the simplicity of the workouts, yet they kick my butt every time. And... little to no equipment needed is always a plus!

I like the fitness blender workouts. I did the kettlebell ones :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->