Do you feel "embarrassed" when buying pregnancy tests?

Yes, I get nervous whenever I purchase one. And for them places like the grocery store where you have to get someone with a key to unlock it is really embarrassing for me. At one point I was so afraid that I would only purchase test online.

When we were ttc DD I bought most of my tests online. I'm a real POAS addict! Lol. I had tons of early paper tests, the digis are cheaper on amazon so I stocked up on those, and at the time you could buy a 5-pack of FRERs direct from their website for like £14. The times when I have had to buy from a shop, I've gone to a supermarket in the city out of fear of family finding out before we were ready to tell them.

I did the first few times. It doesn't bother me at all now x I do however order cheap tests off ebay as I don't see the point in buying expensive tests anymore.

I used to, but now I've bought so many I don't really care anymore :haha: and as someone who sells these things on a regular basis, I can tell you all that the cashier doesn't give two hoots about what you're buying! Thinking about that definitely helps when I'm buying :)

i do get embarrassed especially when i have my two young kids with me lol and i look really young too so it makes it hard, thats why i like going threw the self check outs when i can :haha:

Yes I do!! I'm nearly 23 yet I look about 16 so would feel like it was unplanned, silly me and my own self conscious

Hi ladies! I haven't posted for a while, but just had to on this thread! I bought one today from Tesco and it was in a security box thing, the girl on the till couldn't open it and passed it to the guy on the till behind her who then had to shout for the supervisor to come because he couldn't open it either! Lol! If I wasn't embarrassed before I was by the time everyone had tried to open it! Ha ha!!!

Yes I always have even though all my pregnancies were planned except my first! I always feel like people will judge me as I've been told I look really young & especially if I needed to buy one now I feel like people would judge me for having a large family xx

I do! I live in a very small town where everyone knows everyone else. It's not that I look young or am worried that they think I'm pregnant, it's just that I buy them in such an abundance it's easier for me to have them delivered by buying them online (and I've saved SO much money!).

YES! I make sure and buy other things as well, haha. Once I bought a box of tampons and a pg test.. they're probably thinking what is wrong with this girl? lmao

haha that's great! I chickened out when I thought I needed to buy one a few years ago and got home to find AF had come, which was welcomed at the time. I don't think I'd be embarrassed now. Even buying prenatals I smile up at the cashier almost hoping they say congrats (even tho we haven't even started trying yet...). Guess I'm just excited to start.

Although I did buy a bunch of cheapies off ebay because I can't imagine going in to a store and buying one every month or in bulk. My cycles are irregular so I'm assuming I'll have to test often because I might not know when AF is due.

I actually work in a grocery store and HPTs just happen to be part of my department. When a girl or woman comes to me and asks where they are I usually just joke to put them at ease. Then, since I have to get them out of a locked case and take them to the register, I always give the order to someone I know has kids. It just makes the situation more bearable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->