do you feel your partner does his fair share?

:hugs: I know how all of y'all feel, my OH does jack crap, enough so I haven't spat it at him more than once a week but really I feel like doing it all the time.

well what a waste of breath. told him i feel so alone its hard etc. He was understanding at the time. I expressed a bottle, and i did the 1st feed, then at 3 asked him to do the bottle. big mistake. Moan moan moan,,,, then started on me saying 3 oz isnt enough. i told him i only ever take 3 oz out? but she was still hungry after so i ended up feeding her thats not his fault, but when hes feeding her hes like shut the door, do this do that (with an attitude) so I didnt get a rest anyway and got added stress. Then he gives her me and fs off downstairs for his much needed sleep. Still doesnt sleep with us. And Ive got up now and hes gone upto bed. Cant disturb almighty master can we? Ive had enough tbh. This house is a tip and so am i. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Oh hun :hugs: :hugs: what a knob. I feel like this often at my OH, they can be such useless sods. It makes you feel so worthless when they start on your mothering but they do sweet F A. If you need someone to talk to about it more PM me :hugs: :flower:

He is seriously selfish. You know what id do..id pack my bags and go and stay at my mums. Tell him im wouldnt be coming back until he changed his attitude. He needs a bloody good wake up call. Why on earth is he not sleeping in the same bed? That just does not seem right to me.

:hugs:

For ages Paul didnt do anything. U can see from posts on here that I was at my wits end. He isnt great but a little better. One day I said to him that I was beginning to feel I would be better off doing this by myself because at least the wouldnt be relying on someone who isnt helping me.

All I was asking was for him to tidy up after himself. To maybe get up with LO once in a while. There was a stage that Aria woke about 20 times a night and Paul didnt get up to her once! I was on my knees sobbing one night because I was BF and just couldnt do it anymore and you know what he did? Shouted for me to come back to bed whilst LO is still howling and then promtly fell asleep! I was beyond angry at that and we had a proper talk about it.

It's helpes massively that I'm back at work so now he has no option but to do his share, although I;ve noticed MIL becoming more and more involed because he's calling and meeting up with her which is fair enough as I used my mum like a crutch most of the time.

Although I do still get annoyed at his selfishness from time to time. Today for example. I get up with LO at 7am whilst OH lies in till after 10am. I'm working tonight, he's off, i'm loaded with cold, he's fine, I'm pregnant, he's not yet he gets the lie in? The sleep things is always our biggest arguement. The MIL comes in talking loudly after I went to bed and OH doesnt even bother to ask her to be quiet therefore I am now awake and have had no sleep before nightshift and I dont feel grand as it is!

Sorry I always end up hijaking these threads :blush:. I think your OH is being extremely selfish. I dont know what more to advise as you have tried talking to him. I would suggest packing and going to your mum's as well but I know I wouldnt actually do that, maybe your stronger than me though.

Good luck hun.

xxx

My husband helped out the first 2 weeks or so because I had a c-section and was in so much pain, but ever since then he's done very little. I practically have to beg to get him to help me out, unless it's something really big and/or important. When I have to leave the baby with him I worry the whole time, because I know he doesn't watch him as closely as he should... he's more into t.v and the computer! Everything concerning the boy and the house is on me, and it gets so frustrating! He seems to think I have it so easy too, and it drives me nuts!

You ladies deserve so much better. Id be demanding it or considering leaving and letting them have some time to think if they wanna even be a Dad and stand up and act like real men.

Im very lucky my DH is quite good ( he does have his moments but in general i cant complain)

I feel like mine does. He takes on the responsibility of getting everything paid and making sure we've always got money to get the things we need. He also helps with Kili when I ask him to so I can do things like clean/shower/eat. I usually can keep her occupied on my own but it is really nice that he can help when I ask. I take care of everything else, I feel like it's my duty as a wife and mother so I don't mind at all.

I agree Kalah. As a sahm i also feel its my duty to take care of certain things while my husband provides for us but it cant all be one sided. We all need a break :D x

I agree Kalah. As a sahm i also feel its my duty to take care of certain things while my husband provides for us but it cant all be one sided. We all need a break :D x

agreed! i cant compalin either, after reading other ladies say there OH's didnt hel p iwas beginning to feel like i was spoilt :dohh:

I think he needs to give me a few more breaks to myself. Rushing to the grocery store without LO doesn't count. I get irritated at the thought because he works and I'm a SAHM now that I do EVERYTHING because when I was working and he was home with LO, I still did everything!! (I worked 7pm-4am so he did like 1-2 night feeds and then I was up at 6am after 1.5 hour sleep).

Besides working is easier than taking care of a young colicky baby fulltime, LOL.

i used to feel unsupported all the time. I've been full time mummy so it;s quite tiring. I talked to him how i felt, sometimes he listened sometimes he pissed me off,lol. Now my son is almost 3 years old and he loves playing with his dad and oh seems to spend more time playing boys games. (i have to say i almost split up with oh because i got so stressed out and angry of being unfair with taking care of lo)

maybe you have a talk to your oh? my oh doesn't like to talk when it comes to serious things so many times i wrote him letters,lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->