Do you feel...

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
very let down on Boxing Day?

I get quite sad that day because Christmas is over and done with, presents were open, etc. It's almost like there's nothing to be excited for after Christmas. LOL You plan and plan for months and in one full swoop of a day, it's over.

I especially feel that way after New Years.

You know I didn't even know what boxing day was until I moved here :rofl:

But yes I know what you mean about feeling let down after Christmas

Its the worse when you take the decorations down :cry:

what is boxing day!!

and normally i would be :( after Christmas is over and done, but this year I get my Baby Girl after the Christmas Holidays (if she comes when she should!) so there is so much to look forward to this holiday season! :happydance:

oh and i second the :(ness when Christmas Decorations have to be taken down! :hissy: i love them up!

Boxing day is the day after Christmas Day (Dec 26th). Its celebrated in Canada, the UK and Australia (and possibly other countries but I'm not sure). Its based on a tradition - back in the day, people used to do up charity boxes and give them to the less fortunate the day after Christmas. Hence, Boxing Day. Here(In NL, I've heard it isn't the same everywhere in Canada), we get boxing day off as well. Its rather boring and very much a let down like Leanne says. But I think we need it to re-cooperate from the weeks prepping for Christmas!

No, I get a second christmas day b/c my mum and dad are divorced :D

i love boxing day!! i spend the day eating my xmas chocs and watching xmas films :)

Yeap its like one big boring anti climax lol

by then ive played with all my pressies so have nothing left to do!! Hopefully mini pp will be here by then to keep me occupied!!

Yea cos u wait all year 4 xmas big build up, then its over, and feels like it was never here! and then u get half way through the year get all excited again for the same thing to happen all over again! xx

I feel quite let down at about 11pm on christmas day, because i know its all over :(
But then again, i did enjoy boxing year last year, was al's first xmas so we had to scoot him round everyones houses because i refuse to leave the house on christmas haha so he could see them all so it was like christmas day all over again, opening prezzies and having about 3 different xmas left over meals haha.

I always say 'its 364 days to xmas':cry: but my purse is happy :lol:

Doesn't bother me.. I've grown out of christmas :)

hate boxing day, the only good thing about it is going to my nannas for a 2nd xmas dinner!!! im such a pig!!!

Our Boxing Day aint so bad, cause we have family round from 3-8pm.

So I just do the same as christmas day, and have a nosey at all my bro`s & sis`s toys.

:lol: Mine are getting boring now, nothing much you can do with jewellery & perfume, etc.

We don't have Boxing Day here in the US - but yeah I always feel a bit depressed the day after Christmas. So much hype and so much preparation and then it's over in a blink of an eye! :cry:

I quite like boxing day we have a big dinner of jacket potatoes, salad, rolls, left over turkey, crisps, pickles loads of stuff althought I do agree It is a come down after xmas but then I look forward to New Year :happydance: its when thats over & you have to go back to work that I hate.

I love boxing day, i spend the day with my mum and dad, and we play loads of games, and have far to much to eat, kind of like crimbo but without the presents

i looove boxing day!
take all that christmas money and blow it on amazing sales!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back