Do you go out much?

I vowed I'd go for a walk everyday but it hasn't happened yet. I go to clinic once a week and I see a friend and her baby once a week and me and hubby take him for walks at the weekend or to the shops or whatever but tbh I can't be arsed. It's a chore just to get dressed if I'm honest and the couple of times he's kicked off when I've been out have really stressed me out even though I've had people with me to help.

We get out everyday, most of the time anyway. Most times its just up to the shop which is about a 15 minute walk away.

At first, i never went out with her on my own. I was scared and always worried incase she started crying whilst i was out and everyone would look at me, but because i still live with my parents we still got out everyday because my dad comes with me.

Fresh air is really good for them hun, and like someone else said, even if its just for a walk around the block, it will do you both the world of good.x

a couple of weeks ago i was out with liam and he kicked of in the town centre, well i knew he wouldnt stop beacuse he was over tired well i swear this woman just kept staring at me and looking at liam i was like wtf you never seen a baby crying before! she was really winding me up and wasnt helping atall ended up just leaving and going home without any shopping, its harder to sooth them

No, no where near enough, i just find it so hard to leave the house, i have terrible anxiety over it. I dunno why and i feel so guilty over it, i know paddy is missing out by not having fresh air etc but i really struggle.

I didnt go out much when Brooke was first born, maybe once or twice a week but that was because it was winter and it was freezing cold. Now the weather is nicer we go out and about maybe 5 or 6 days a week, even if its just to pop to the shops or something, it gets us a bit of fresh air and does us good :)

i got back tio walking the dog daily when he was 6 days old but obviously that was a neccesity if there were no dog then i may have taken longer about it, but he loves our walks in the park, and now he is older he gets to walk along with me for some of our walk too. i think it is good for both of us ( and the dog :) )
as far as town goes i live almost in the town centre so my nearest shops are town ones ( and a morrisons) there was no getting away from that either..
i say go for it, no one will mind if she cries while you are out, and if they do them tough, it will do you both goood to get out in the fresh air :)

I go out more than I'd like, on account of taking the older kids to things. I've also gotten adventurous and driven with the 3 kids on my own to my mom's for a visit (she's about a 6hr drive away).

I'd love to stay home more, but the kids get bored! Been shopping this morning for ice skates for my son, returned bottles to the depot, and did grocery shopping, this afternoon we'll hit the bank, and go to the pool.

Tomorrow will be saner, as I've invited people over to my house so I can stay home!

I have to go out every day or else i think i'd get depressed! I'm lucky that were i live, there are tonnes of baby things to do (it's been dubbed Nappy Valley there are so many babies and mums around this area!) - so either swimming, shopping, baby gym, buggy fit, or just meeting a friend for coffee at a local cafe. I'm even taking Poppy to Houses of Parliament next week to meet a friend! (what does a baby wear at Big Ben?!!!)

I do have the odd day at home though. Like today. I went for a quick run this morning (well, more of a fast walk) then me and Poppy just dozed on my bed and played and ate. So it's nice to just relax and chill out together. I think what ever suits you, but a bit of variety and chit chat with other people makes your days a bit different (otherwise i lie in bed desperately trying to remember what i've done each day, and i've always totally forgotten!)

I try to get out each day even if it's just down to the shops and back. The change of scenery does us the world of good :D

The first 2 or 3 months were all about building my confidence to go out, initially i would do small things like walk around the block, go to the shops or go with OH to asda etc, small stuff, then i started going to one baby group on a Tuesday for a an hour, quickly adding another Thursday group on to that and now it absolutely manic! Jacob has a hectic social life and have made friends with a group of mummies who we see at least 4 times a week with all the activities we do, its absolutely fantastic! Just start off with one thing and before you know it, you will be running around having a great time! Joining a mummies group is the best way cause youre all in the same boat and you will see that their babies kick off as much as yours, also you can learn off the more experienced mums, which to me has been invaluable x go for it!

I try to go out most days, even if its just up to the shops. But a lot of the time he just spends all day screaming so I cant even get myself and things ready to go out and then I get so frustrated with him screaming I end up staying in because Im too upset :( x

We go out every day,sometimes shopping,other times just for a walk or visiting family.
As soon as i got home from hospital with all my babies,i'm out! Hate being indoors,i feel like i'v wasted my day if i don't take them somewhere.
I always make sure they are fed right before we leave,i tidy the house and do all preps for lunch/dinner so that it doesn't get hectic when i get home.
I've started going out with all three of them on my own too,much more relaxing then tagging along with friends etc other people just stress me out :)

Screaming doesn't bother me,if they're not hungry they'll calm down soon enough,and people can watch and stare all they want!

we go for a walk with the dog every day to the local park (have done since she was 4 days old), i'd recommend it! find a park with swings and walk along the trees and watch the kids playing, the trees overhead used to fascinate violet in her pram from a young age and i'd sit on a bench and take her out to watch the trees in the wind. it was winter when she was born so quite cold but now its warm we sit on a blanket throwing the frisbee for the dog and have picnics and meet up with friends sometimes, but just enjoy the outdoors! its good for you and the baby :happydance:

I try to go out for a walk every day, but that doesn't always happen. My husband plays baseball every Wednesday, so we go out in the evening to get out, and other than that, I've gone out with friends, and I also have a friend who has a baby 1 week age diff than Cameron, so we've gone out for lunch and suppers.

Our little one has already been on 4 plane rides (he's almost 7 weeks now), we work for an airline, so he's already got lots of airmiles! We also went on our first road trip with him at 6 days old. Hubby won a contest, so we drive out to the mountains in BC for the big celebration.

After Charlotte was first born I was pretty nervous to go anywhere on my own, but then...I had to, so..I did. It's really not bad. People understand about a crying baby usually. Just have a bottle ready that way if she starts crying/fussing you can pop it in her mouth straight away. I had to take Char out and hold her quite a few times while pushing a car around stores one handed. A sling works really well for that!
Since Austin was born I was a little nervous about taking the two out at once, but he mostly sleeps and Char sits in the upper part of the carriages. Going to doc offices with both can be a bit much, but they all totally understand and don't mind Charlotte running about. It takes some practice at first, but don't become a shut-in! :)

OH...and try to feed and change LO right before you go out...that usually helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->