Do you have stupidly LONG cycles?

Dreamermama

TTC #2
Reaction score
I FINALLY ovulated (I think anywase...) at CD57....
So incredibly frustrating, normal people would have had 2 cycles already within that time!!!
So many times I am quite sure my body geared up to ovulate and then failed. This time I'm pretty sure it actually happened because of positive OPK and some extreme nausea and ovary cramps (which is "normal" for me around O time)
Also I've been extremely bitchy with my DH which is another symptom of O, lol.
Any of you have long cycles like this as well? Any thing you've been doing in trying to shorten it? I tried Vitex once but I'm not keen on trying it again. I got my BFP with Soy isos but I'm a bit wary of them because they make my cysts pop :S

Yes stupidly long cycles. CD 94 over here... still no ovulation so I've just started provera to induce a period... sigh

Yes! I also have really long cycles. I just ovulated on CD55 which will be my SHORTEST cycle in the last 2 years. After going off BCP in May 2013 I had the following cycle lengths:

- 14 months
- 90 days
- 75 days
- should be 70 days since I O'ed on cd 55 (chart in my sig)

To try to regulate my cycles I take magnesium, vit D, zinc, and I tried a white peony/licorice root tincture. I'm not sure if these things have helped or if my body is just slowly regulating after coming off the pill. I was horribly irregular before the pill too so I think this is just the way my body is.

Good luck with your cycles! I agree it's frustrating that we only get 1 chance when other people get 2 or more in the same time but luckily all you need is one to get pregnant!

Yes stupidly long cycle currently on cd 45... Started vitex cd 27... Because my Af neeeeever comes unless I do some type of medicine.

I have stupidly long cycles as well. My last cycle was 63 days. :nope: It gets really frustrating to me that in almost three months of TTC, I've only ovulated once. I'm hoping for a shorter cycle this time around, but it's hard to stay positive about it sometimes.

I haven't tried anything to shorten my cycles really. I started taking vitamin D and prenatals last month. I'm not sure if that'll do anything for my cycles, though. :shrug: I haven't looked into vitex or anything yet; I'm hoping to conceive before I have to look into them.

Sorry to hear that you ladies have the same problem I do with horribly long cycles :hugs:

I do too and it's incredibly frustrating. Currently on CD 30 and no confirmed ovulation yet, even though I've gotten 7 freaking positive opk's so far. Every morning I hope to see a temp rise following a +opk and its low low low. I'm over my stupid body being stupid. :growlmad:

I had a 270 day long cycle when TTC#1!! Now that is stupidly long lol. I ended up taking provera and then clomid but I don't really know the reason it was that long. I suspect it was a combo of stress and adding soy milk to my diet at the time (who knows!?)

Now mine aren't too bad now but I had a few long ones when TTC #2 which were longer due to suffering anxiety during those cycles so I'm very careful to try and remain stress free as much as I can.

I tired vitex in the past and it did nothing for me. Unfortunalty I don't really know why my cycles are more 'normal' now so I'm not much help. Just wanted to say I understand how extremely frustrating it is!

How is everyone doing...CD 54 here.. I feel helpless...all I can do is wait for AF to show up.

How is everyone doing...CD 54 here.. I feel helpless...all I can do is wait for AF to show up.

:hugs: Sorry you're having a hard time with your cycle. :hugs:

ttc bubby no2 - That is an insanely long cycle! And I think stress played a part in my last cycle being so long too. But it's such a self-fulfilling prophecy when it comes to my cycles because I stress if they are seeming to be too long, which then delays ovulation, which causes me to stress more, which delays my cycle further. It's just never-ending it seems. :wacko:

AFM - Currently cd23 and 5dpo....at least I'm pretty sure I'm past ovulation now. I had an *almost* positive OPK the night of the 19th and then a negative one the night of the 20th. Plus EWCM between the 18th and 20th, so I'm pretty confident that I ovulated. I'm actually surprised that I ovulated already. I'm hoping that my cycles stay this short for the rest of my time in TTC; it would make my journey a whole lot easier.

I've had some symptoms already - nausea and dizziness. Although I'm trying to remind myself it's probably unrelated to pregnancy, since this would be really early to get symptoms. Can't help getting hopeful though. :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->