Do you have to pay for an early scan? UK

Meachy

Cautiously pregnant
Reaction score
I'm won dering do you have to pay for an early scan? Just read about they're useful for finding ot the 2 week window for the nuchal scan?
MY first MW appointment is when I'm about 9 weeks.

Thanks in advance :hugs:

Yes you do have to pay- unless its for bleeding, major cramping or another medical emergency. I payed 60 pounds for mine but know ladies that have paid anything up to 200 for their private scans. good luck! x

just to add you will get your first free scan anytime around 12 weeks then another at 20 weeks.

Yes you need to pay. The only scans that are routinely available on NHS are 12 week and 20 week scans. Your midwife will refer you if any problems at any time of pregnancy x

Ok thanks a lot ladies,:hugs:

it's my first time ever being pregnant so it's all new and nerve racking to me :blush:

if you're really worried and can't wait until 12 weeks, anyone can book a scan with the private places averaging about £80 I'd say. Just find one on the internet in your area but I wouldn't go any earlier then 7-8 weeks as it wil be much too early to see anything. By 7 weeks you should see a heartbeat.

:hugs:Thanks hun, I think I'll ask my midwife, I have my first appointment with her when I'm about 9 weeks gone.:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->