Do you keep testing?

Shakeitout

Reaction score
As the title says, do you keep testing? I'm so tempted to as I feel.like it's 5 he only proof I have, but im also worried, what if I do it one time and it seems fainter? 5 hen I might worry and stress for no reason :/

Well, since most of us seem to be poas-aholics , it would seem obsessive testing is the norm, lol. Seriously though, if u feel like it would stress u out then don't. If u decide to do more tests remember that hpts are not qualitative, meaning they don't detect the amount, just that there is hcg in ur system. Any little thing can affect the darkness of the line. More dilute urine, time of day, even the amount of dye in the test. Gl!

As the title says, do you keep testing? I'm so tempted to as I feel.like it's 5 he only proof I have, but im also worried, what if I do it one time and it seems fainter? 5 hen I might worry and stress for no reason :/

Exactly why I stopped testing at 15dpo.
If it's god forbid lighter, there's nothing else to do but sit and cry and wait for the end.
I would rather have been happy and enjoying the pregnancy until the end.
Everything is fine, testing and comparing lines will only stress you out, you'll have an US and see your little bean soon <3

I did it for a fair few days but then gave up, because If I didn't give up I'd of drove myself absolutely insane, it does crazy things to us lol.

Try and relax!

Yes I still test, maybe once a week with an internet cheapy.

Well I have one more left. I've just done it, it was nice and strong and now that's it. Drawing a line under the testing and counting down the weeks to my 12 week scan. Seems so far away... ;)

I took one when I thought I was--it was positive. I took another a week later, just to make sure. Because this time I'm not having all of the symptoms I did last time, so I don't really FEEL pregnant. The second one was positive, too! So now I'm stopping and I'm going to wait for the doctor confirmation and go from there.

I definitely think it would stress me out to take too many. And the tests can definitely be different on the amounts of dye they use, etc. They don't test how MUCH hormone you have, just that you have it. IF I was going to use a lot of them... I think I'd stick to using digital.

With my first, I just used the 1 test and got pos. Then we lost a baby. So the pg that followed the loss I POAS until I saw the test line darker than the control line. Lol. With this baby, it was a complete surprise and unplanned so the first test I took was already darker than the control line.

I think i did a test at about 9 weeks (15 now) just for fun! But I must have done a ton between first bfp at 8dpo and probably 6 weeks, the hook effect kicked in and so it was nowhere near as satisfying! x

Hi I'm also obsessed but mine have never been as dark as the control line is that something to be worried about?

I've done about 8/9 so far... just to check I am still pregnant. Only because it's not been confirmed at all and I have to wait until 14 weeks for a scan! Now I have a doppler I don't feel the need to poas lol xx

I keep testing, it puts my mind at ease, this is my first pregnancy and no one has been helpful at all, Dr didn't confirm, midwife didn't confirm, my first confirmation will be at 13 weeks when I have my scan so do tests helps to keep my mind at ease. When this lot run out I will stop though. I have enough to see me through to scan

I hate thinking about how much money I spent on FRERs and CBDs this pregnancy. Had to see the FRER progression, and CBD move through 1-2, 2-3, and 3+. I even had the cheap internet strips. After I got the 3+ on cbd (5+1), I slowed down with the expensive tests. I think I took my last FRER and cbd at 6+0, the day before my first scan- my internet strips were all over the place so I was worried. The scan went great, and we saw the heartbeat. So- I stopped. We definitely spent in the triple digits.

I took two random internet strips a few days into my 7th week- the lines were lighter- about as faint as they were 14-16dpo, but showed up much faster, so that made me nervous. However, at 8w1 we saw the baby again right on track, with a strong heartbeat.

So- no more testing for me!

I've ordered a doppler now, so I'm still a bit crazy! :p

I'm an obsessesive poas addict! Lol I tested until around 7.5 weeks. I got my 3+ on a digi around 6 weeks then used up the rest of my ICs and FRERs. I never saw the hook effect though :)

If your going to take another test just do a clearblue digital then you aren't comparing lines or anything you just get the results in words :) simple
You don't need to keep testing though

Emma

I stopped testing at 17 DPO when I was satisfied that lines were getting darker.

In 2 of my 4 MC, the lines did not get darker, so I do POAS a little obsessively.

I didnt find out until i was just over a week late for af as we were NTNP but have since done 5 test,all getting darker and will be doing a CBD tonight and hoping for 3+ on display then that will be the last I do.:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->