Do you know how you want to announce your pregnancy?

Darlin65

Married with a Munchkin
Reaction score
Because of our mc at 8wks last time I don't want to tell until at least 12-13wks. We had an early gender scan at 14-15wks with DS and I want to do that again with the next LO. I was thinking of at 12-13wks sending out invitations to a gender reveal party for the following month. What do you think? I don't want another shower with #2 but would still like to celebrate. I think throwing a gender reveal party ourselves and stating please no gifts would be the perfect way :)

I really like your idea! This will be my first, and I have thought about this quite a bit. I really want to hold off until after the first trimester to tell people, if we can stand it. I really like gender reveals so that's a great way to pair an announcement and a #2 celebration. I think I will let DH choose how to tell his parents and I will find a fun way to surprise my mom. Or we will do them together? Ahhhh so many choices! :) I am looking forward to what everyone else has to say!

I know it's hard. I swear each week I have a new idea! :haha: Came across this one too since we are going on a big family/honeymoon vacation next month...

https://media-cache-ak1.pinimg.com/736x/4f/5d/e1/4f5de149424f7a9f4e5bacab9aab3791.jpg

I know it will be SO hard to wait to tell everyone. Esp if I can't drink or anything on vacation :dohh:

OMG that is so cute! I love Disney! We are also going there at the end of July... hmmmm. :)

I can't wait! We leave July 19th :happydance: Exactly a month away!

Have a great time! Have you been before? How fun will that be with your LO? Such great memories await :)

Thanks! I went in high school with the choir but that was a while ago and I didn't get to do everything I wanted to because we were split into groups. DS is a Mickey freak :haha: He is super obsessed. We bought him a Mickey easter basket and he flipped. He even went nuts over his Mickey night light. I'm curious what he will do when he actually meets Mickey :haha:

Probably crap his pants... literally!!! :rofl:

i have spent way too much time planning this...
for my hubby i recently bought an african soapstone sculpture depicting an abstract of a family, 2 adult figures hugging a child figure. and im going to wrap that up and ask him to guess the occasion.

for my mum who hates soppy displays and emotional outbursts etc, i need to let her deal with the news from a distance so she can take it in before having to respond. i have bought a knitting pattern (she is a knitting ninja) for a cute baby jumper that she knit for me when i was a baby and im just gonna stick a post it note on the front saying "get started" and slip it through her door.
for my hubbys parents (who love a glass of wine when we visit them, wine with lunch, pre dinner drinks, wine with dinner and so on) im just gonna refuse all drinks and see how long it is till they guess

I have bought a lovely t shirt with an owl on it for my daughter to wear that says I am going to be a big sister :) :thumbup:

I'm going to wait until my 12-13wk scan and put a scan pic up on Facebook xx

I love the idea of a party!
I'd like to get a T shirt for LO saying "Big Brother" and see how long it takes for the penny to drop when we're with the family :haha:

I'm going to line up my shoes, my husbands, my daughter's, my son's and then put a baby pair of shoes next to them with a question mark above them. Then underneath I will write, 'I guess we will find out in MONTH'...

I'm not completely sure how we will do this. Ideally we would get both families together at the same time, but this involves a whole lot of people and a decent amount of distance (we live 3 hours from my family, 2 hours from his, and our families live 2 hours from each other) so it probably won't work out and we will have to tell them at different times. We don't like to be the center of attention so whatever we do will be casual. We'll tell family at 12 weeks, work around 16 (unless there are complications that necessitate telling family or work earlier), and Facebook public sometime after I tell work. We won't do a gender reveal party because we think they are cheesy (no offense meant to any of you who will do one).

We haven't decided just yet on how we would tell everyone but I have one idea in particular I like. I was thinking of making photo albums for our parents of us as babies, photos with our parents,etc. Then it leading to us being together and the last photo being an ultrasound photo and a note.

We are going to wait awhile to make an official announcement on facebook as well. Id like to wait to make it official until we know if its a boy or a girl. We will see, first need a BFP. I found REALLY cute pink cowgirl bootys, and camo cowboy bootys. I am going to buy both pairs and tell my family, I bought 2 pairs of shoes but cant decide which ones I like better. And ask for there help! Cant wait.

There is no way I could keep it a secret for 12-13 weeks lol :) I've been trying for 28 months, so I've had lots of time to think about this. Since there are so many cute ideas I've chosen a different one for different people :)

DH- I'm going to decorate our entire house with blue and pink streamers, balloons and some kind of congratulations banner. I'll have sparkling grape juice ready and I'll wrap him special expecting dad books :)

My family- Either bringing pickles and icecream for dessert, or I'm going to bring T-shirts for our nephews and niece that say "I can't wait to meet my new cousin" I can't decide which!

DH's family- I'll wear a cute pregnancy shirt... with footprints on the belly or something like that

Facebook- A picture of us in a tree kissing holding a framed chalk board with this written on it:
J + S sitting in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g, first came love, then came marriage, now comes...

I told with our 1st at 5wks but since the mc in December/Jan I just am really afraid it will happen again so I thin kit best we wait (even if I don't really want to )

See I would almost rather everyone know because if I ever have a m/c I would want ppl to know why I'm so upset. I will probably wait before announcing it on facebook, but I will have to tell family and close friends. I'm an open book, so one look at me and everyone will know, anyway. I hate keeping secrets... especially good ones :)

I said the same thing with DS when MIL thought we should wait to tell others. My pov has changed since. You want people to know but I thought it easier to tell when they didn't know because then that's all they know. You don't get blindsided with happy questions then. It's hard to explain unless you've been through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->