Do you know if you can...

CeeCee2010

Mummy to Jessica xxx
Reaction score
Does anybody know if you can get a referral to Slimming World whilst pregnant? I'm not trying to lose weight (although there is seriously enough meat on my bones already) I just want to get into really healthy eating habits whilst pregnant so that it will be easier to carry on when Boo is born. Anybody have any idea if this is possible? If so, who can refer you and under what circumstances? Thanks in advance,

Love Fatty bum bum X

i dont understand what you mean by being referred? dont you just join up?

Somebody mentioned that their MW would refer them and I can't remember who it was (sorry baby brain!) I wasn't sure if you could just join or whether you had to be referred if you were pregnant?

Im sure you can. You can get reffered by a normal doctor if you arent pregnant but you need consent from your midwife so I think you have to ask her. You get 12 weeks free meetings and then you can get a continuation for another 12 weeks if you are doing well. I'm sure I read in SW Magazine of someone being refered whilst pregnant. Obviously while you are pregnant the goal is not to lose weight but to maintain a healthy pregnancy weight gain rather than the 3 1/2 stone I did last time :haha:. The woman in the mag was actually lighter when she was 9 months PG than she was before she got PG and baby was fine and healthy. Im asking at my 16 week appointment in a couple of weeks.

I love the SW diet, it fits in really easily with family life.

Somebody mentioned that their MW would refer them and I can't remember who it was (sorry baby brain!) I wasn't sure if you could just join or whether you had to be referred if you were pregnant?

It was ME!!! :winkwink:

I think you can just join if you want but you still need consent form the midwife. Im hoping I get can get referred for the free classes as my BMI is over 35. If not I may just join anyways and pay.

I am so sorry Barbles :hugs: I am offically useless at remembering things since I started growing a baby I tell you! Thanks for your advice hun, will ask the MW at my next appointment :) My BMI is nearly 35 so by the time my appointment comes around it probably will have hit that mark! I've put on 10 pounds thus far I just don't want to be putting on excessive amounts and also I feel so lethargic and not myself whilst eating so much junk food X

I am so sorry Barbles :hugs: I am offically useless at remembering things since I started growing a baby I tell you! Thanks for your advice hun, will ask the MW at my next appointment :) My BMI is nearly 35 so by the time my appointment comes around it probably will have hit that mark! I've put on 10 pounds thus far I just don't want to be putting on excessive amounts and also I feel so lethargic and not myself whilst eating so much junk food X

Dont worry I never remember anything either. I havent put on a pound yet but then I have been eating healthier than I normally do, I have a definate bump growing though. I want to do it as I have got to have extra appoinments for pregnancy induced High BP which my weight doesnt help, got to have a GTT and an appointment with an anesthatist (sp?) all because of my weight. At least I had managed to lose a stone before I got pregnant.

Dont worry I never remember anything either. I havent put on a pound yet but then I have been eating healthier than I normally do, I have a definate bump growing though. I want to do it as I have got to have extra appoinments for pregnancy induced High BP which my weight doesnt help, got to have a GTT and an appointment with an anesthatist (sp?) all because of my weight. At least I had managed to lose a stone before I got pregnant.

I was about to start a massive diet and fitness regime to TTC and then found out I was preggers lol. Even when not pregnant I am borderline diabetic and suffer with naturally high blood sugar levels so thats another reason I want to try to be as healthy as possible. And good on you for losing a stone before you became pregnant :) I am going to try to be as healthy as is humanly possible whilst pregnant and then try to shift the excess 3 and a half stone that has followed me for years after Boo is born! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->