Do you know if your mom had difficulty TTC?

MommyDream

Momma
Reaction score
Who knows their family history and if their mom had trouble?

My mom was adopted and she had four kids... So I assume no trouble TTC but I've never asked. I don't want her to know I'm trying.... Yet anyway!

My entire family got pregnant easily. They could actually say "lets have a baby" and conceive THAT month. My mom did that with my sister. And her mom had 3 kids, etc etc. I am the only one with endometriosis and PCOS. =) Same on my dad's side, his mom had 10 kids. They all had multiple kids. Many surprise kids, lol.

I keep begging her to tell admit I'm adopted, or that I have a different father at least, but apparently I'm just a freak of nature. My doctor was shocked that I have no family history of all these problems, but she says its rare but possible.

I'm pretty sure with my mom that she had it easy as she had me and my sisters one after the other. However her sis(my aunt) had problems. And my sister is having probs. So now I'm scared that I might not be able to get pg since my sis is having such a problem.

i know my mom had no problem conceiving. id love to be preggers now

Sadly I'm adopted :sad2: and from what I heard my biological mother was adopted as well. Only thing I know is she got pregnant with me when she was a teenager, so here's to hoping I can get pregnant now that I'm TTC :)

My mom had a lot of trouble with me. She did a few cycles of IVF to conceive me. About 10 months later, she got pregnant with my sister (wasn't ttc!). Nobody else has seemed to have an issue though.

My mom was easy. When parents were ready to have another kid. Bam! Pregnant! That's why my 3 siblings are all have same 2 years age gap.
My older sister was the same, early 30s, and could get preg twice within less than 7-8 months, first one was MC.

Took me a year to get one, and that was with help (IUI).
I just don't have her "fertile" gene I guess.

I should ask my Mom... the only issue is that she will ask right away if we are trying.....

It took my mom 6 long years to get her 1st BFP (me) then 5 years later she got pregnant again, but sadly miscarried at 12 weeks:cry:

But she had endometriosis though, and it's been 5 months since my DH and I started TTC, but no luck. So now I just worry that it will take me forever to get my BFP because i might very well have the same disease:cry:

My mom got knocked up with me after being with my dad for 3 months. I was a total surprise to her. She has 3 kids and has had no problems TTC'ing.

No one seems to have much trouble in my family. I'm the youngest of 4, though my mother had an mc before me and another after me. Both of my sisters that have kids had no issues, and got preg right away. I'm sure they be shocked to know DH and I have been trying for a year, but it's not bc of me, its his sperm :sad1: I'm keeping up the hope though!

On both sides of my family, going back to my great-grandparents, I am the only one with issues. Everyone has fallen within three months or before they even started trying. Lol. Only two issues are my Daddy's cousin had to have IVF but that was because her hubby had a vasectomy reversal and my Aunt struggled to get her fifth, she had a lot of mc's but she was 38.

My mom had troubles when she wanted to have kids, and tried for a while, then went on to adopt my brother, and then my other brother and then i came! when she wasnt TTC,

My mother had 3 miscarriages. Once was when she was pregnant with my younger brother, who had a twin that didnt make it. She did end up with two healthy children after some road bumps. Both of my grandmothers each had 8 children with no known complications. Keeping my fingers crossed...

My mom had no issues. She had 5 kids and I know some we on purpose and some were not (My little sister was born when my mom was 40).

My sister also no issues. She got pregnant first month with all 3 of her kids! When I talked to her about it she said "with the first, was just off the pill and got pregnant right away, with the second, I didn't have any idea about my cycle because it was all wonky so I took an ovulation test and had a smily face the first one so we did it and I got pregnant, with the third, first try"

She says it like it is no big deal!! Lucky...

My mom got pregnant with me a week after getting married (she was a virgin until then, and was NTNP), and only found out she was pregnant over a month afterwards when she went for a routine check up and the Dr told her. When she got pregnant of my sister she was on the pill...so no, she had no problem at all.
Too bad I dont seem to be following the same pattern :cry:

same her my mum had no problems she actually didnt want children back then at her age but i came along 2 months after her being married to my dad :)

its just a shame i havent inherited these genes.. apparently they all went to my super fertile brother lol

Not sure...I never asked and she passed away a few years ago. Don't really feel comfortable asking my dad though. I wish she was around to talk about this TTC stuff with though! :(

My mum took 5 years and my aunt took 3 years. Nither of us have big families so I'm suprized I caught :flower: worried about miscarriage though :cry:

My mum took 5 years and my aunt took 3 years. Nither of us have big families so I'm suprized I caught :flower: worried about miscarriage though :cry:

congrat on ur pregnancy hun

dont worry bout mc cos that will stress you out and thats not good for ya :)

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->