Do you know if your mom had difficulty TTC?

Who knows their family history and if their mom had trouble?

My mom was adopted and she had four kids... So I assume no trouble TTC but I've never asked. I don't want her to know I'm trying.... Yet anyway!

My poor mother tried to get pregnant for 3 years before finally conceiving me. She temped like crazy and has gone through that emotional rollercoaster... Even had a false positive once. She said she cried for days. Her sisters (all very fertile) made fun of her for not being able to get pregnant.

They finally found the reason: a tumor in her pituatary gland. Meds took care of it an she immediately got pregnant. Then my brother followed... We're fifteen months apart. The funny thing is that she cried when she found out she was pregnant with my bro bc she had been working so hard to lose weight. Either way, she was thankful.

My mom had no problems my older sister (who never been pregnant due to lack of mhm sex) was an accident, 6 months later mom was preggo again with my middle sister (who's had 7 pregnancy 1 loss) and i was after she came off bcp so easy for her and she tried to tell me i'm doing it wrong

yeah there is a 5 year age gap between my brother and I because my mom had problems...she had 2 miscarriages before me. As she said though, it was sad but if it weren't for those miscarriages she wouldn't have had me. Then her and my dad had no problem conceiving my sister...her and I are only 19 months apart, people usually mistake us as twins and have most the time at school lol. After my sister my mom said no more...the heads were getting bigger with every child LOL.

My mom figures her body might have just been rejecting boys (she has no actual evidence for this though...).

My mom was a fertile myrtle. She conceived 7 times, none of those she was actually trying. But I do have 2 aunts that had a difficult time :( One aunt had tried for 13 years before her and her husband were on the cusp of divorce and then it happened. They are still married, and their daughter is 16 now.
7 times? Do you have 6 siblings? Must have been a handful!

yeah there is a 5 year age gap between my brother and I because my mom had problems...she had 2 miscarriages before me. As she said though, it was sad but if it weren't for those miscarriages she wouldn't have had me. Then her and my dad had no problem conceiving my sister...her and I are only 19 months apart, people usually mistake us as twins and have most the time at school lol. After my sister my mom said no more...the heads were getting bigger with every child LOL.

My mom figures her body might have just been rejecting boys (she has no actual evidence for this though...).

Wow this is pretty similar to my story! There are 3 years between my older brother and me, with 2 miscarriages in between. At least one of them my mom knew was a boy, I don't think she knew the other one (too early?). She had my sister 23 months after having me (and growing up, many thought we were twins!). Her final miscarriage (when I was about 10/11 years old) was a girl, but it was a result of the flu or something, so there was outside factor.

My mother was married for a few months when I was conceived... and I was a surprise. She ended up in hospital she was so sick and that's when she found out.

My mom did have difficulty. She and dad tried for seven year and decided to adopt. Two years after they adopted my sister, they got pregnant with me. My birth was so difficult that her doctor suggested she have her tubes tied and that's what she did.

My mum conceived me in a couple of months I think, I asked her years ago and I remember it wasn't immediate but it wasn't long. She had my brother 3 years later and conceived quite quickly again. However she developed endometriosis in her 40s and has also had a large cyst removed from one of her ovaries a few years ago. Plus my mum's sister was unable to conceive and adopted my cousin after several years of trying. So I worry a bit.

I love reading all these stories!

I never would have thought to ask my mom until now... but still hesitating. I don't want to jinx anything! To be honest, before I started trying I didn't know anything about my body. I feel much more in touch with my body now... it's amazing.

My parents must have been temping for some time I think, Idk how long for. The story goes that mum was in hospital after being repeatedly stung in the foot by a wasp. Her whole leg was inflamed and painful but my dad insisted they BD in the hospital as he knew she was ovulating!

She divorced dad eventually and was cross about the whole thing but said she was happy to have me...

My mom basically spent 3 years pregnant with my sister, me, and my brother. All three accidents: married at 17, baby 1 at 18, baby 2 at 19, baby 3 at 20. She knows I want to try soon but doesn't know ive been trying for a few months.After her 3rd accident, my dad got a vasectomy. He calls her fertile myrtle and she calls him potent Paul. They always jokingly blame each other for being so fertile. I talk about babies so much that it's pretty obvious im ttc but she's not asked me yet. My sister had an accident 2 years ago and my nephew is gorgeous.

I know for a fact my mother had no trouble. Ever. She's said as much. I think my sister got those genes though.

My mom basically spent 3 years pregnant with my sister, me, and my brother. All three accidents: married at 17, baby 1 at 18, baby 2 at 19, baby 3 at 20. She knows I want to try soon but doesn't know ive been trying for a few months.After her 3rd accident, my dad got a vasectomy. He calls her fertile myrtle and she calls him potent Paul. They always jokingly blame each other for being so fertile. I talk about babies so much that it's pretty obvious im ttc but she's not asked me yet. My sister had an accident 2 years ago and my nephew is gorgeous.

Your mom was so young! How old are you?

Your mom was so young! How old are you?

My mom is 43 with a 25 yr old, 24 yr old (me), and my brother will be turning 23 next month. My mom and dad are still together and very much in love, so I've always wanted a marriage just like theirs and I'm so lucky to have my OH.

This is the right time for me and DH to have a baby, based on our finances, but I sooo wish I would have started having my kids younger!! My mom and sister are my best friends in the entire world, and growing up my mom was always a mom, never a friend. But now that I'm older, she's still so freaking young and has easily transitioned from my mom to my best friend. I hope I'm the same kind of mom for my kids that she has been for me, and I would love a few little girls that I can grow close with the way my mom, sister, and I are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->