Do you need time away?

Naturalmystic

Punky mommy
Reaction score
Do you ever feel like you need some me time away from your LO? I am not talking about any extended time away but maybe an hour or two to do something for yourself like get your hair done, catch up on some reading or something like that.

Yep. Everyday I make sure I get some 'me' time when DH is home. :flower: Usually I go and take a nap!! :haha:

i dont feel like i NEED time away but i think its great to go and do something for yourself. i like to have a bath or get my hair done so i feel pretty and normal lol xx

absolutely! I get my "me time" after 7 when LO goes to bed. Its tough in the beginning to get time to yourself but as your LO gets older it will get easier hun. x

I dont ever feel like i need time away from LO i love spending time with him and dont want to miss anything new he does. But i try to make sure i do get some time to myself to just be me. I like getting my hair and nails done xx

I totally agree and I think its very important but I recently met a mom who tried to make me feel guilty for wanting some me time.:growlmad:

I totally agree and I think its very important but I recently met a mom who tried to make me feel guilty for wanting some me time.:growlmad:

Well we cannot all be perfect. :roll: :haha:

I think we all run into people like that, just nod and smile and in your head (very important part! hehe) tell them to shove it up their perfect a$$. :devil:

Yes!
Thankfully I work, so I get quite a bit of time away, but I still feel like I need more time away to have 'me' time. Sometimes I'll go get a pedicure, get my hair done, go to the gym or just relax while someone watches Kenneth for an hour or two. It's nice to have some 'me' time without having to worry about Kenny! :flower:

As much as I love my LO...i'd go NUTS if I didn't have my mum to take him so that I can have some me time, or me and OH can have some us time! My mum has him Friday to Saturday so we can go out, have a few drinks etc without having to worry. Then the next day we have a lie in (which after waking at 6am to a hungry screaming baby every morning is BLISS) before driving to pick LO up again.
I'm very greatful and really couldn't care less if i'm judged for enjoying this time away from LO!

I work full time, but I still need some me time. My OH and I both take 1-2 evenings a week and go off on our own while the other watches Gabriel. I think it's good to take time away from him, being a mom is only one part of who I am.

You may be a Mum, but you're still a person with your own wants and needs! There's absolutely nothing wrong with feeling like you need some time alone, and nothing wrong with getting some either!

I just do not understand why some people react like because you enjoy sometime away from your baby means that you love them less or you are a bad mother. I enjoy my time away but I still miss LO and wonder what he is doing but I do not let that stop me from going out alone.

My only alone time happens while I'm at work. :sigh:
I often want time at home to do things like catch up on laundry/dishes etc but I'm always running around like a chicken with no head :haha: When my LO does take a good nap I find myself at a loss of what do do after an hour, so I guess I've adjusted to not having any time :?

I think it's really important to get some me time away from baby, just as it is important to have couple time away from baby.

No. ds2 is very content and happy baby. He likes to just sit on my lap or play with his toys. Hardly ever cries. Besides, he goes to bed 4 to 6 hours before me, so I have time to do things.

Right now, I don't want any time away from my LO. :cloud9: We were apart long enough while he was in the NICU.

Oh don't feel guilty about some "me" time. I think a little break makes us better mommies!

I never really feel like I need me time. But I don't really have a choice anyways with DH being deployed. :haha: I get time to myself every day when she naps so I can workout and every night after she goes to bed. That's all I need. :thumbup:

most def!!!
completely healthy in my eyes!
enjoy your break x

No need to feel guilty AT ALL. Healthy happy mum makes for a happier babes:winkwink:

I have started leaving LO in the creche for 1hr that is in our gym. I vetted it obvioulsy before starting and we did a "settling in" period together but she is fine with it-and i am in the same building. Sometimes i feel the girls in the creche are better with her than me! She is either asleep or smiling and laughing when i go in to get her. I have done it twice a week for two weeks now. After i have collected her we go to the cafe together and have lunch.

I felt awful to begin with but 40mins exercise twice a week has helped my mental state no end-more energy and relaxed. I get awful anxiety so for me exercise is like a medication!

Everyone has different opinions-if they judge you for it dont bother wasting your time worrying about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->