Do you need to take a pee sample to your scan?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Lara310809, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Lara310809

Lara310809 Mum of 3 girls

My husband asked yesterday if I had been given a tube for my pee, to take to our scan on 21st December.

I didn't think I needed to take any, since they don't check your BP or anything like that; they just look at the baby. But now I don't remember if I had to give a sample at my 12 week scan.

Someone please remind me...?

2. jolou

jolou Mum to 2 little munchkins

not that i know of, ive never took a sample to a scan.

3. AFC84

AFC84 Mama to One + Bun :)

Nope, I was asked to bring one to each appointment with the midwife, but not for the scans :)

4. Jadey-x

Jadey-x Well-Known Member

I didnt bring one to scan, and i didnt need to in the end, only midwife appts .. but if they need one you'll have a full enough bladder to go there im sure! x

5. JessiHD

JessiHD Mummy to Joshua :)

Depends, I had a scan and clinic appointment so I needed it. Rule of thumb, if you're going to see a midwife at any point, you'll need to pee in a bottle!

6. Lara310809

Lara310809 Mum of 3 girls

At my hospital they don't ask you to have a full bladder at all, so I woulnd't have any pee to give :rofl:

7. MummyKaya

MummyKaya Guest

I didn't for my 12 week scan, so didn't bother for my 20week, but after the scan the midwife checked bp and filled in notes etc and asked for my sample that I didn't bring! It wasn't a prob tho.