Do you need to take a pee sample to your scan?

Lara310809

Mum of 3 girls
Reaction score
My husband asked yesterday if I had been given a tube for my pee, to take to our scan on 21st December.

I didn't think I needed to take any, since they don't check your BP or anything like that; they just look at the baby. But now I don't remember if I had to give a sample at my 12 week scan.

Someone please remind me...?

not that i know of, ive never took a sample to a scan.

Nope, I was asked to bring one to each appointment with the midwife, but not for the scans :)

I didnt bring one to scan, and i didnt need to in the end, only midwife appts .. but if they need one you'll have a full enough bladder to go there im sure! x

Depends, I had a scan and clinic appointment so I needed it. Rule of thumb, if you're going to see a midwife at any point, you'll need to pee in a bottle!

I didnt bring one to scan, and i didnt need to in the end, only midwife appts .. but if they need one you'll have a full enough bladder to go there im sure! x
At my hospital they don't ask you to have a full bladder at all, so I woulnd't have any pee to give :rofl:

I didn't for my 12 week scan, so didn't bother for my 20week, but after the scan the midwife checked bp and filled in notes etc and asked for my sample that I didn't bring! It wasn't a prob tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->