Do you put your LO to bed early or when you go to bed?

emzi

Pregnant- 3rd Trimester
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Im after a bit of advice. Ruby currently goes to bed about 8pm and will sleep until 1.30am- 2.00am and then again about 5am and 8am.

I think for 4 weeks old she is doing pretty well but just recently quite a few of my friends have suggested either putting her to bed later (so we skip the 2am feed) or dream feeding.

Has this worked for anyone? Im reluctant to wake her from such a nice sleep if it doesnt work and usually by 8pm she is so grizzly all she wants is bed so the thought of say a 10.30pm bedtime also sounds nuts.

Can anyone help me?

I wouldn't keep them up unless they are doing so by being unsettled. We did do a dreamfeed. This would then 'reset' their feed times so then they'd be more likely to sleep longer as it's move back heir long stint they did. However this didn't really work as my LO didn't really do sleep until 10 months old, so I'm not one to comment as to how feeds effected their sleep as they woke anything up to 15x a night but not needing to feed.

I think for 4 weeks old she is doing really well. At that age my lo was going to bed later but thats cos he has always been a bad sleeper and likes to get up early. If you wanted you could continue to put her to bed at 8pm and then dreamfeed at around 11pm, and see if that does any good. I have started dreamfeeding my little one, which means he goes through the night.

End of the day if a dream feed doesnt work you can just go back to what you are doing now. But I do think for 4 weeks old she is doing pretty well.

sounds like you're doing fine so why change it just cause people say so. :shrug: Little babies need food in the night especially if they're Breastfed. Then again my LO still wakes 5x a night for food so I don't really know about trying to get longer sleeps yet. :blush:

Thanks guys might hang on a few more weeks and see how we go... do you change their nappy when you dreamfeed or simply feed and put back in crib?

I would keep going with what you are doing now. at 4 week she is doing REALLY well, don't disturb it! :lol:

As she gets older the gap she is awake for will probably get shorter and shorter. Don't worry xx

I think the idea is to keep them half asleep

My LO goes to bed at 7:30, I dream feed him at 11 just before I go to bed, then he wakes up at 4 for a feed and then gets up at 7.

I'd suggest trying a dream feed because when i introduced one and LO stopped waking so often, he was much happier in the day (although saying that, he was a pretty bad sleeper)

Your LO is doing really well though, if you don't mind getting up, and shes happy then keep her sleeping pattern the same :)

Also, I tried dream feeding jacob at 4 weeks and he didn't take to it at all, so we just went back to our old routine with no fuss... he's only just started taking a dreamfeed.. theres no harm in trying it!

at 4 weeks Kitty came to bed with me at 10pm, but would sleep in a moses basket downstairs in the evening. At 6ish weeks I changed to bath bottle bed at 8pm, dream feed at 10pm, that made the night feeds at 4am and then up at 7am. for months its been 7pm, dreamfeed at 10pm and then through until 7am. I would completely suggest dreamfeed, they don't wake up, its just a gorgeous feed, I will sob my heart out the day I don't get to dream feed Kitty any more. Snuggly goodness is what it is.

A comes to bed with me at approx 11pm.
Im not a 'routine' Kinda person, And Shes slept 11hrs at night since more or less 5 weeks, Im not gonna fix something that isnt broke :lol:

If what you are doing works for you then keep it up! :thumbup: Your LO is clearly doing well for a 4 week old :)

I don't change nappy and I can't ever burp her as she is asleep, but as they drink slowly it doesn't seem to cause to much gas and what goes in they fart out.

You could try a dreamfeed and if it doesnt work leave it for a bit and the try again but its up to you. Niamh from about 6/7 weeks would sleep from 7 untill 3/4 so we started giving her a dreamfeed between 10 and 11 and she would then sleep through untill 7 then from 12 weeks she has gone 12 hours.

I only changed her nappy if she had poo'd or if she felt realy wet. I still had to burp her otherwise she would sick it all back up.

I did exactly the same thing and eventually Lyra just dropped the early morning feed and slept though until 6am :) She's only 4 weeks, she's doing soooooo well, just leave her to it xxx

I think what you are doing is fine and it seems to be suiting your LO.

We dreamfeed (still doing it now) around 10pm, cause he was always so hungry and we would then do a nappy change.

dreamfeeding works for us but I must admit it was hard at the start we put Ellie to her cot most nights at 8pm after her bath supper and bottle and dreamfeed her at midnight and she then sleeps til 7am xx

Sorry to sound silly, but whats dreamfeeding? Grace still isnt sleeping through :(

Sorry to sound silly, but whats dreamfeeding? Grace still isnt sleeping through :(

Dreamfeeding is basicly feeding your LO at night whilst they are alseep, it doesn't necessary mean they will sleep through, but it will mean they may wake later.

We have been dreamfeeding LO since he was born and he has only started sleeping through from around 7months

Thank you, shes stopped sleeping through now! she had a good routine from 5-6 weeks for a while.. now recently passed 2-3months its slipped horribly, not sure if shes ready for a thicker milk or somethin :|

For 4 weeks i think she is doing great. i wouldnt change anythingx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"