do you regularly bounce.....

MrsQ

Mummy to Mikey and bump
Reaction score
on a birthing baLL???

Or any other mums who have had bubbas have you found it helps?

It really releaves my back if nothing else.
x

I've not started using mine yet but i'm going to get OH to pump it up for me today as my MW recommended it.

Glad it's helped you :hugs:

not bounce, but i do sit on it for a while every day, sometimes its the only thing that helps when my spd is bad

i have pretty much taken up permenant residence on my exercise ball :rofl:...not that I think it is helping much!! the first couple of days i would bounce on it and once i stood up and walked around i would have a few cramps, but i think my baby girl has learnt what is going on and is playing hard to get now coz it's not done anything for me these last few days (since going over-due). typical...

EDIT: sorry, off topic, but Suzib you have chosen the same name as we have for our little girl :D We thought we were being really original, darn it!!

i have pretty much taken up permenant residence on my exercise ball :rofl:...not that I think it is helping much!! the first couple of days i would bounce on it and once i stood up and walked around i would have a few cramps, but i think my baby girl has learnt what is going on and is playing hard to get now coz it's not done anything for me these last few days (since going over-due). typical...

EDIT: sorry, off topic, but Suzib you have chosen the same name as we have for our little girl :D We thought we were being really original, darn it!!

lol we thought so too, but have already discovered another in this area - not common though - an very nice :)

I bounce on it or sometimes I kinda roll over it...I kneel on the floor and hang over it and roll back and forth - I get back ache half way up my back and this allows me to stretch out my back and not put too much pressure on bump.

lol we thought so too, but have already discovered another in this area - not common though - an very nice :)

So far we have only come across two people that know anyone called Lana. It's apparently a very popular name in Australia...:shrug: good job thats the other side of the planet :lol:

Back on topic now...Squidge, did your midwife recommend the ball as good for getting baby in position or good for getting labour going!?

So far we have only come across two people that know anyone called Lana. It's apparently a very popular name in Australia...:shrug: good job thats the other side of the planet :lol:

Back on topic now...Squidge, did your midwife recommend the ball as good for getting baby in position or good for getting labour going!?

She recommended it to get things going :) My LO has always been head down so that's never been a problem but she's only just starting to engage so she told me to try the ball to move things along quicker :)

Plus it's supposed to help with pains too but i've not had any so wouldn't know :)

did she say what to do on it? to get things a moving...
x
x

She recommended it to get things going :) My LO has always been head down so that's never been a problem but she's only just starting to engage so she told me to try the ball to move things along quicker :)

Plus it's supposed to help with pains too but i've not had any so wouldn't know :)

Awesome!! I am the same. Baby has been head down since about week 27 but at my last appt (at 38 +4) she was still totally free. I 'think' she has engaged a bit now, although she is still dancing around as though she is training for the 2012 Olympics, but hoping that the 'ball-bouncing' (that sounds rude :blush:) will get things going now that I am 40 +3!!

I didn't even look at mine until the irregular contractions started. 45 hours later and my waters popped on it!

I will definately be using it next time!

I didn't even look at mine until the irregular contractions started. 45 hours later and my waters popped on it!

I will definately be using it next time!

OMG :o how hard did you bounce!? I have a feeling I may be being a bit of a whimp about it and I only bounce gently :blush:

I'm using mine most days - about 20 mins lying on it with my knees on the floor and about 20 mins sitting and bouncing on it.

Last week I had a scan which showed baby was head down but back to back - the ball is supposed to convince baby to move into the correct position - here's hoping!

nope :( it hurt my back soooo much i cant bring myself to get back on it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"