Do you remember when....

I remember!! We were TTC, but it still came as a surprise, because it was only the second month we were TTC...for some reason, I thought it was going to take longer. We definitely got lucky.
I got my BFP on February 8, 2010. Such a good day. :)

I remember it so clearly! Bella was a "suprise" baby. I was late getting my period so DH was like "i bet you're preggers!" and i was like "no don't be stupid!", so he bought me a test and it was positive! I must admit i cried and cried, i cried going into work, when there no body could understand me i was so upset so sent me home! DH was over the moon but it took me a good month to get my head around it!!

I had a perfet pregnancy and birth and i'm looking forward to doing it again, although not for a year or two!

I remember!! We were TTC, but it still came as a surprise, because it was only the second month we were TTC...for some reason, I thought it was going to take longer. We definitely got lucky.

Aw, that was my daddy's 60th birthday and the other reason we were in vegas! we combined his birthday celebrations and our wedding!

It was so magical, we had only been TTC for 1 month, for a few days before AF was due i had 'that' feeling, i wasn't right in myself. Craved dairylea dunkers at 4am?! Went on a random trip to edinburgh, i was ina strop all day, feeling flu-like, i'd already took a couple of internet cheapie tests a couple of days before but wasn't convinced they were true positives with them being so cheap. I went to boots and bought a 2pack of tests. Was dying to test on the train haha, but tested when we got back home around 9pm, OH MY GOD!! we was having a baby!! I miss everything about being pregnant now, i can't wait to do it all again (hopefully no sickness and GD though!!)

We had only just started TTC so i wasn't surprised when i started getting period pains, but the pains just continued and nothing appeared. On the 3rd day i started feel sick so i did a test and it came up so quickly, pregnant!. Two days later i was getting used to the idea of being pregnant and my emotions were everywhere, i found out my sister had died suddenly. It was June 25th the day Micheal Jackson died, i just didn't know what to do with myself. I was devastated about my sister but overjoyed because of my baby, it was one of the strangest times of my life.

I got my BFP on Valentine's Day last year and only did a pregnancy test as my period was a week late and I wanted to drink a lovely bottle of fizz with our meal for Valentine's! I was at work that day so did the test whilst hubby making my breakfast. Remember the feeling of OMG! I hadn't had the slightest suspicion!! Took the test downstairs to hubby who was completely shocked - bless him!! Do I miss being pregnant - yes in some ways although don't miss the heartburn and swollen feet! Can't imagine not doing it again though.

I had an early miscarriage, & as I'm suffering from PCOS my period wasnt regular. I was visiting my Dr for clomid prescription, she ran a pregnancy test before giving me clomid, & there was a very light red line :) I was 2 weeks pregnant.

aw, mine was the 7th feb! and 7th feb this year is when i go back to work after my maternity...sigh. still, have had a gorgeous few months off with my little man, and i'm gonna make the most of the weekends and after-work time!

Yes! It was 10th August 2009. I knew already - I'd been feeling weird since the day after I conceived. Just a gut feeling leading my body to do weird things I guess. Gradually the signs started coming more and more. I wasn't due on til 16th August but something told me to get to superdrug and get some tests. So I did.

Rushed home, took a test on Superdrug at about 2pm and the line came up really dark straight away. My eyes filled with water, my mouth dropped and I just couldn't really believe it even though I already really knew. It was surreal and something I never considered I'd experience. I thought I'd have difficulty conceiving; we weren't really even actively trying and had started to be 'not careful' that cycle. Caught straight away.

I went out and bought 3 more packs from superdrug and took them all over the course of the day, lined them up on the back of the loo and just kept going back to look at them! Then over the next few days I took more and more tests. Tesco, Asda, FRER, more Superdrug, CB digi. I got a 2-3 weeks pregnant sign on the CB digi before I was even due my period! So I started to accept it was real but was still taking tests 2 weeks later! I didn't count officially, but a rough totting up now says I probably did about 50 tests. :o And yep, my LO just turned 9 months, born on her due date, so it was real alright lol.

Oh and yep, I miss it loads. We have a provisional date for TTC in the spring, but will probably put it back til the summer. We are going to see take that in June and I need to lose some more weight and get my job and future plans sorted. So who knows, but we definitely want about 2 years between them and I can't wait to feel that special feeling again, even though I had SPD, terrible sickness, insomnia and a dreadfully long labour!

Awww! Loving all the stories. :cloud9:

We had a pregnancy scare in Nov 09 which really got us thinking about ttc. 3rd Jan, we had 'the chat' and agreed to start in a few months, but ended up ntnp for a few weeks and bam, BFP end of Jan. Got made redundant from my job part way through month so had to go back to wtt, although did revert back to ntnp a few times :blush:

Took a ClearBlue Digi one morning that I had bought with the intention to use incase period was late, but had this dream I was pregnant and woke up and took the test on early morning auto pilot. Hadn't experienced any symptoms (too early on I guess). Brushed my teeth whilst passing away the 2 minute wait & up popped 'pregnant 1-2 weeks'. OMG! My heart pounded and all I could say was 'sh*t sh*t' over and over again with the biggest smile on my face whilst shaking! This carried on whilst I had a shower, got dressed and drove to work.

OH was away with work and had an exam that morning. I wanted to wait until afterwards so not to put him off but I was literally bursting with excitement so phoned him up. Luckily he passed! He said all he could think about was the BFP so god knows how!

Still gives me goose pimples thinking about it. Deffo one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Can't wait to do it all again :cloud9:

I had a very weird mixture of emotions because we had only been living together for 3 months and had not planned on having a baby so soon. But a week later we were really happy about having a baby on the way, and I LOVED being pregnant. I don't miss it though cos I bet it's not the same when you have another to look after.

Date-24th December 2009.
Time- Early Afternoon
Location- Work toilets.

I burst into tears the line appeared almost immediately. She was the best Christmas surprise ever...after i told my OH...before that i was scared shitless.
She made what would have been an unhappy Christmas (lost stepnan a few days before and my sis in september) very happy for all my family.
She still does make us very happy :)

Oh gosh yes, I can remember the day like it was yesterday!

OH and I had been together for 8 years TTC, and had given up completely. Were both left our jobs to study in I.T, it was exam week, we were so stressed.

I hadn't had a period since November (it was March when I got my positive), my boobs were hurting so I thought, why not? I'll do a test, it'll be negative anyway. I have PCOS so it was normal to not get my period, but that had been a long time.

I very almost passed out when I got the positive! I told OH and he said "everything will be fine". We went to our course and I was just so tired and wanted to go home, and so excited.

Had my first scan a couple weeks later and I was 5w4d along so was only 11DPO when I got the positive.

Yes! Like yesterday, I still have one of the sticks. I lost the first faint test in a move :( But I have the one I took at 5 weeks still. I also had a few more but OH made me throw the rest out lol. I remember seeing the first faint faint line and laughing and crying and bricking it about telling OH even though we were TTC. His response wasn't the greatest as we both thought it would take longer, but fast forward 11 months into LO's life and here we are about to start TTCing again :)

I cried like a blubbering fool. I was so happy, and scared! OH was so excited too. I was in my bathroom of our first apartment together. It was also Friday the 13th.

Unforgettable! We'd just suffered a MMC 2 months prior and my hcg levels were very slowly coming down. I had a feeling and took a test, but was unconvinced by the two lines because my levels had never reached zero. I kept quiet and took a test 2 days later, and I cried with joy when I saw darker lines :cloud9: I miss everything about being pregnant. It was one of happiest, most hopeful times of my life.

I found out on October 10th 2009. It was the worst feeling ever when I found out I was pregnant. I can't wait until I actually start TTC, so that I can actually look forward and be excited when I get a BFP.

We had just started trying. Literally took two weeks to conceive. And we weren't doing the whole ovulation and tactics..just stopped using protection. I expected it to take a couple months. I stared getting symptoms but didn't think I was pregnant because I had gotten my period at the beginning of that month(lighter and shorter than usual though). One day I had a spell of nausea and hot flashes that lasted an hour...came on suddenly and left suddenly. For no reason. That's when I started wondering. I kept telling my husband I thought I could be pregnant but wouldn't go get the test. Guess I was scared. He went out to the drug store and got one. Came home and told me to take it...now. I think he thought I was just being a hypochondriac and wanted to end my worries. I took it and the pregnant line showed up immediately and dark. I came out and said "Well, I'm really pregnant..look at that line!" I was happy but surprised. And nervous. I took more tests just to confirm it before confirming it at the doctor. I kept all of them.

I remember both my bfps like it was yesterday. When I got pregnant in 2008 with Devin we were ntnp. I kept telling my OH that I felt different and thought I might be pregnant but he kept saying he didn't think I was. Finally I convinced him to get a test and the line came up straight away. After losing Devin we decided to try again pretty soon and got my bfp about 5 months after. I will never forget the feeling of hearing Colin crying when I had him. It was the best sound ever :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->