Do you sacrifice coffee, alcohol, meetings (because COVID)

Violina

Reaction score
Hello, I’m 37 years old, have been trying for the last 4 months with no effect (and I’ve just got AF, so feeling quite depressed).
I used ovulation test (advanced clear blue) and everything was ok, I used pressed (because I have never been wet enough) and even menstruation cup. I stopped drinking coffee and any alcohol. I avoid meeting friends because I am scared of COVID.
And I wonder, do I have to avoid all these stuff because I’m over 35?

Gosh you're giving it your all, you deserve a bfp!
So I was 40 when I conceived, I'd decided to try when I was 37 so for about a year cut alcohol out completely, but not coffee or tea, just to give my body a chance to get nice and healthy and I started taking folic acid and pre pregnancy vitamins at the same time. I was using AI so there was no chance I was going to fall before I did. After a year of no drinking I had an occasional night out, but nothing huge, I'd learned to enjoy not losing my weekend to hangovers!
Personally I don't think you need to give up everything, it must put strain on you which definitely won't be helpful - a little of what you enjoy with good friends... good luck

Thank you for your answer. Does it mean that it took you 3 years to conceive? Did you conceive after you give up tea and coffee or it was not significant?
I wish I had started TTC earlier but also could not do that and did not even think about becoming a mother.
Gosh you're giving it your all, you deserve a bfp!
So I was 40 when I conceived, I'd decided to try when I was 37 so for about a year cut alcohol out completely, but not coffee or tea, just to give my body a chance to get nice and healthy and I started taking folic acid and pre pregnancy vitamins at the same time. I was using AI so there was no chance I was going to fall before I did. After a year of no drinking I had an occasional night out, but nothing huge, I'd learned to enjoy not losing my weekend to hangovers!
Personally I don't think you need to give up everything, it must put strain on you which definitely won't be helpful - a little of what you enjoy with good friends... good luck

My sister went all out. She followed a fertility diet and took about 20 different supplements like maca etc. It took her a year to conceive and she is 35.

If you have only tried for 4 months that’s totally normal. Most couples will conceive within 12 months. Make sure you’re taking enough folic acid is the only thing you really need to do. Some of us on here have tried different supplements and they have worked for different people. Maca, vitex, coQ10. So you could try adding in a supplement or two. But for most people it just takes a bit of time.

Thank you for your answer. Does it mean that it took you 3 years to conceive? Did you conceive after you give up tea and coffee or it was not significant?
I wish I had started TTC earlier but also could not do that and did not even think about becoming a mother.
Hi, no, it didn't take 3 years, it took 3 tries. I was becoming a solo parent and using donor sperm, I conceived on my 3rd natural (non medicated) iui - so if I'd had a partner it's likely I would have manages naturally.

stay positve, 4 months are a short period of time. Docs usually say about 6 months of ttc-ing if a woman is 35+. You might also consider having acupuncture or mesotherapy treatment to ovaries to boost your chances.

stay positve, 4 months are a short period of time. Docs usually say about 6 months of ttc-ing if a woman is 35+. You might also consider having acupuncture or mesotherapy treatment to ovaries to boost your chances.
Thank you for your kind and positive words! I decided to drink decaf coffee this month and glass of good red wine from time to time.

Thank you for your kind and positive words! I decided to drink decaf coffee this month and glass of good red wine from time to time.
enjoy your time and the process :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"