Do you take pregnancy tests before your missed period or wait?

Yo_Yo

Reaction score
As title really-do you personally wait for your period to be late to test, or do you test as soon as you possibly can after ovulation?

Part of me thinks its best to wait until its late, as if I got a positive then my period came on time I'd be gutted.

But I'm impatient! :haha:

What do you do?

I'd like to wait! And maybe if I was having regular cycles I would, but I definitely dont lol. I struggle to wait a week after ovulation!

I think it depends on how long your luteal phase is. When I started ttc mine was only 8 days so testing one day late was still technically early for 90% of women. I lengthened it to 14 days along the way but that being said I still start testing at 8 dpo. If I get a positive I up my progesterone cream to help ensure the bean is sticky.

I think if you have a normal 14 day luteal phase testing at 15 dpo is a pretty safe bet that your are pregnant and won't bd disappointed. If you chart your bbt tho and see a sustained thermal shift and no pre-af dip like a lot if women get then testing early can be more fun because you have a heads up it could be positive! Here's and interesting link on bfp by dpo. It defaults to 10 dpo but you can move forwards or backwards to check other dpo.

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test/dpo-chart.php?dpo=10

I test at 10 dpo...only becaus all my pregnancies show up by then...I fortunately have never had a chemical...

It really seems to be different for each woman. I have had friends who found before their missed period however I am current 5 days late for mine and I'm getting a negative result, its confusing and I'm anxious but better to wait. I read that the HCG hormones levels can not be tested for it least a week after a missed period for some women.

I have 3 kids, and with all 3 I tested like 5-6 days before my missed period. They all came back positive. Im possibly (praying) I'm pregnant right now CD16 for me and the O day was CD12-13. I really want to wait as long as possible so I ordered my test online and they are scheduled to arrive one day before my est. AF.

So needless to say this will be the longest I have ever waited.

I like to test from earlier than I'd expect to see a BFP. Its a lovely feeling to know that you knew about your baby from the first moment it was possible to know they were there.

I just wait for my period to be due and then test. As much as I want to know, I hate seeing bfn....

After playing the symptom spotting and early testing game the first cycle of TTC, I decided to wait until a day or two of missing a period. My imagination is just to overactive and seeing the negative results was just too upsetting.

So I made it to AF month 2. We'll see what happens next month. It's hard not knowing. I'm also kind of scared of a chemical pregnancy. I'd rather not know if it's not a viable conception.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->