Do you think all should be well

laura109

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I went off on a bad start atound 5 weeks i had 3 days of spotting and thought it was game iver. A scan at 5 weeks 6 days showed baby was there and heart was beating at 110 bpm.

Im not 9 weeks and 4 days. I am starting to get nervous that the spotting was a sign things were not right. I feel like i might go to the scan in 2 abd half weeks and the baby wont be alive.

Missed mc seems so common on here and ive read posts about it lately that spotting was something that happened before.

I still feel nauseous and drained. My tastebuds still dont like things I normally enjoy. Do u think ill be ok? X

I know its hard to be positive im going through it right now but try to remember the odds are still in your favour that everything is perfect. We can't control this and being paranoid and miserable won't change what we see at the next scan. Try your best to be calm, do something to distract you from reading the horror stories. It's easier said than done but I found it really helped to stop reading the bad outcomes and stop watching the bad ultrasound outcomes!!! Best thing to u can do to give that baby a good chance is to be positive!!

Stay positive. Spotting at 5 weeks could have been late implantation bleeding. That happened to me at 6 weeks.

Mmc seem so common on here because women look for support on this site when we are scared, nervous, and looking for reassurance from others. There are hundreds of thousands of women that never experience a problem, so why bother coming to a web site like this?

Chances of having a mmc is a very low 1%. Odds are in your favor (75%) that everything will turn out perfectly. And of the remaining 24%?? You'd know if something wasn't right.

Try to remember these statistics. An try to remember that as each week passes, the chances of mc are less and less and less......

Congrats on your pregnancy

The fact that you saw a heartbeat is great! And I know easier said than done but for now you have to believe it's ok. If you feel like it's not call your doctor.

I saw a Baby heartbeat at 6-7 weeks and my next scan was at 12. I knew in my heart something was wrong and went in at 10 and baby's heart had stopped beating. I had no spotting and no symptoms. So I want to encourage you to stay positive but I know where you're at and what you're feeling. So if I were you and I felt something was off I'd call my doctor again.

Chances are everything is perfectly fine <3 try to hang tight momma!

Thank you ladies. I guess its only 2 more weeks till I roughly will be scanned. Wishing these next couple of weeks away now xx

Good luck and fingers crossed!! Its a hard journey to be on im scared too everyday! Its horribly consuming xx

I had spotting around then too. My doctor said it was implantation spotting. I had a scan at 7 weeks and the heartbeat was 120. I had terrible nausea so assumed everything was fine. But then the nausea stopped at 10 weeks and I felt pretty normal. I had talked myself into the worst case scenario and had expected I had had a MMC. I told my midwife I just had a bad feeling and that I'd lost the baby (I've had one MC before). She asked if I had any pain or bleeding, I said no. She looked at me like I was nuts. But I couldn't shake that feeling.

I'd prepared myself to see no heartbeat at the 12 week scan. But there was a VERY wriggly baby with a strong heartbeat. You can see from my ticker, I'm now 26 weeks!

I can't tell you that everything will certainly be fine, but I spent most of my first trimester worrying that I had had a MMC. I now look back and think, it was the only time I'll have a first trimester with this baby, he'll never get another chance to grow all his organs etc. I wish I'd enjoyed it a little more (which is hard when you're feeling like death and anxiety is crazy).

Thank you. That's reassuring to know. Its so hard to know what to think when the internet is full of stories and 100s of women on these forums have had them. I will be alot happier when we've had our scan. Seeing my daughters first scan is one of my happiest memories. Thank you for sharing your experience with me. did your sickness settle at 10 weeks for good? I am hoping mine starts to improve i am fed up if feeling icky all day and having 0 energy xx

Good luck and fingers crossed!! Its a hard journey to be on im scared too everyday! Its horribly consuming xx

It is hun. I keep worrying about the spotting because I never had it with dd. how are you feeling now?

I know, there are lots and lots of stories about MMC on forums like these. I think that women who have MMC are probably more likely to come onto sites like this and post about it. The statistics say that MMC are rare, but on this site, it seems like many people have had them.

Yup my sickness settled at 10 weeks. I took anti-nausea pills until about 12 weeks. I vomited up my glucose tolerance drink at 16 weeks and now that he kicks me like a punching bag, I often feel a bit seedy. But definitely not morning sickness. I was expecting it to last much longer. If you're not coping, see your doctor. The fluid and anti nausea pills were a lifesaver.

I know, there are lots and lots of stories about MMC on forums like these. I think that women who have MMC are probably more likely to come onto sites like this and post about it. The statistics say that MMC are rare, but on this site, it seems like many people have had them.

Yup my sickness settled at 10 weeks. I took anti-nausea pills until about 12 weeks. I vomited up my glucose tolerance drink at 16 weeks and now that he kicks me like a punching bag, I often feel a bit seedy. But definitely not morning sickness. I was expecting it to last much longer. If you're not coping, see your doctor. The fluid and anti nausea pills were a lifesaver.

Thanks i am glad you ate at the good stage now. I am managing deep down i know it could be worse but i just miss be able to get on with things and make plans. Been some lovely weekends and we have hardly been out for a walk. I agree with you that it must be because its a place where we come to talk about worries more than positives. Its so hard waiting this bit out but i am getting excited that in a couple of weeks we can announce it properly and a couple of weeks after that we maybe can buy a blanket or something. It is really lovely when you start feeling properly pregnant x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->