Do you think dreams about your baby can predict their gender?

DevotedMommy

Mother of 1, 1st Tri w/#2
Reaction score
Ok... I had a dream before I even got a BFP that my 8 year old daughter was 9 or 10 in the dream and she was playing with / helping my other daughter who was 1-2 in the dream, a little girl with dark hair in a ponytail. In reality I only have the 8 year old daughter so I am just curious if you think this might be a prediction of the sex of my baby... I have had dreams in the past that "predicted things" that happened. However... in my dream I was also on vacation away from my husband (absurd) and my husband was calling my sister to try to get her to set him up on dates with girls she works with (absurd)... What do you think???

All my dreams about my bean have been of baby girls.... It will be interesting to see how the outcome is!

JK1978, Thanks so much! HOLY cow, you live in Cleveland! I live in the Canton, Ohio area! I work in Akron. And I have family around Cleveland. It's amazing that you live so close to me!

I will have to check my pregnancy journal from my first daughter. I swear I had dreams about her being a girl before I knew. But I will have to look that up!

Hmm Im not sure, Id say its probably hormones playing tricks or your mind is set on having the particular sex so your dreaming about it. I kept having dreams for about 3 weeks every night that Id have twins, went to my first scan and its just the one :)
Xx

LongRoadAhead - Thanks! Yes, I thought that too except that my husband and I are both pretty neutral about the gender. If anything, we have actually kind of hoped a little more for a boy, only because I already have a daughter... but either way would be fine, of course! We plan to have another pregnancy so there's no urgency or hoping for one gender or the other really. I am excited about either gender, but I am actually hoping for twins to be honest. Twins run in my family so that would be a real treat. I think it would be great to have twins! Alot of work, but worth it. I had two twin aunts that died at a young age in a car accident (never met them but heard about them).

LongRoadAhead - I think you might be right though... hormones are likely the culprit! :)

I think its just hormones too, but u never know i guess.

I've had a few dreams im having a little girl. Everyone reckons im having a boy.

Hmm.

Lol, them blumming hormones, don't you just love them!
But hay you never know, It could be your internal instinct kicking and you could be having a little girl! I would love to know!
I seemed to just know I was pregnant before even doing a test, so alot is to be said about gut instincts :)
Are you going to find out the gender at you 20 week scan?
The best of luck with either you little girl or boy to be !!:)!
Sorry to hear about your aunts :(
Imagine that, If you had twins, one boy and one girl, how perfect!
Xx

But hay you never know, It could be your internal instinct kicking and you could be having a little girl! I would love to know!
I seemed to just know I was pregnant before even doing a test, so alot is to be said about gut instincts :)
Xx

Yes, I know what you mean about gut instincts. I knew I was pregnant too, although I was afraid to get too excited. Yes, I am going to find out the gender. I am far too impatient to wait, lol! Yes, twins, one boy and one girl would be perfect! :) I am hoping to have a scan sooner, because I have a history of Thyroid Disease. Although I was stable before pregnancy, I do have to be monitored (bloodwork) to make sure my thyroid doesn't get out of control. Maybe that will be enough to convince her that I need a scan. Would they at least be able to tell if it's twins or not at 6 weeks or is that too early? My first appointment is at 6 weeks...

JK1978, Thanks so much! HOLY cow, you live in Cleveland! I live in the Canton, Ohio area! I work in Akron. And I have family around Cleveland. It's amazing that you live so close to me!

I will have to check my pregnancy journal from my first daughter. I swear I had dreams about her being a girl before I knew. But I will have to look that up!

What a small world! I went to the University of Akron and lived down there on campus for about two years!

Yes I do believe your dreams while your pregnant can predict what your having. It did with my first pregnancy. Very early on I dreamt I was having a boy, all my dreams kept telling me I was having a little boy when EVERYONE around me swore I was going to have a girl, well guess who was right?! Me!! (and I actually really wanted a girl so it wasn't just because I thought about having one) I knew all along. I haven't had any dreams yet for this baby but will be excited to see the out come! All the Chinese Lunar calendars say I'm having a girl so we'll see!

Xx

Yes, I know what you mean about gut instincts. I knew I was pregnant too, although I was afraid to get too excited. Yes, I am going to find out the gender. I am far too impatient to wait, lol! Yes, twins, one boy and one girl would be perfect! :) I am hoping to have a scan sooner, because I have a history of Thyroid Disease. Although I was stable before pregnancy, I do have to be monitored (bloodwork) to make sure my thyroid doesn't get out of control. Maybe that will be enough to convince her that I need a scan. Would they at least be able to tell if it's twins or not at 6 weeks or is that too early? My first appointment is at 6 weeks...

Hopfully your midwife will be different to mine then cos Iv had thyroid problems for the last year and that didnt get me a scan an earlier and I also had blood disorder,resulting in operation but that didnt get me one ):! They are just going to keep a closer eye on me and iv been put under consultant care. But fingers crossed they will get you one earlier :)!
Yep they should be able to tell at 6 weeks, if they do an internal one.
Good luck!! :)!
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"