do you think i could ask for a sick note?

nicksi27

Reaction score
Hi ladies ive had a tough week. Been to hospital twice with decreased movements. Ive had some NSTs and baby was jumping all over on them :) thing is, at a scan a fortnight ago they noticed increased fluid. After feeling very uncomfortable on friday and putting 6lb on in as many days i went to hospital and another scan shows my fluid is really high at 31cm and theyre organising a special scan and more bloods and another diabetes test to try and determine a cause. Ive been told most of the time no cause is found but after googling polyhydramnios (excess amniotic fluid) im terrified im gonna lose another baby. I dont start maternity leave until the end of april or early may but im thinking of getting a sick note until ive had my detailed scan which will hopefully be next week. I cant concentrate due to panicking and im so uncomfy due to this fluid. I feel guilty and im worried my boss is gonna think im just being a wimp or something.

What would you do in my situation?

Ask for the note. It can't hurt, right? I asked for one to say I could only work from home due to being very uncomfortable and having a long commute, and to my surprise, I got it. Hope everything turns out okay.

I agree with the above poster ^^
I spoke to my Dr about the troubles I was having and she wrote me a note as well.
I struggled with how work was going to view me but at the end of the day, my doctor reminded me that "you and baby are most important" :)

Id ask for the note, any doctor should realise how stressfull a time youre having. Although, if you are off, you must make sure youre not sat dwelling on the 'what ifs' and keep busy! x

Id definitely think seriously about it, one thing to bare in mind is that once you get to 36 weeks, work can make you take maternity leave earlier than you want if you are off sick, but at least you havve a few weeks before you need to worry about that xx

Id definitely think seriously about it, one thing to bare in mind is that once you get to 36 weeks, work can make you take maternity leave earlier than you want if you are off sick, but at least you havve a few weeks before you need to worry about that xx

Didn't know that I'll have to speak to my doctor and see what he thinks. Hopefully I'll be back at work before 36 weeks xx

I'd definitely ask, your doctor might say yes and if not at least you've tried! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->