Do you think I'll get my money back?

MrsBop

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
I went to town earlier and my little boy decided he wanted a McDonalds for dinner :dohh: (serves me right for giving him the option!) I had no cash so wanted to pay by my switch card. I put it in the machine, entered my pin number and it was taking forever with a 'please wait' display, the person behind the till called someone else over who cancelled the transaction. I asked if it meant I would be charged twice but they said no, I asked for a receipt showing me the transaction had been cancelled but apparently they don't print one if it's cancelled, I put my pin number in again and it 'completed.'

I have checked my bank online tonight and they have taken the money twice, its not a great amount but thats not the point. I phoned the place up and they've told me it isn't possible, I told them I'm looking at my statement right now and its gone out twice, they've asked me to take my statement in tomorrow, whats my chances of getting the money back do you think?

As long as u have ur statement they should give u ur money back hun x

I really do hope so, it isn't for a lot but the £6 is better in my pocket than theres lol the food isn't even nice lol!!

They have to give you your money back. End of.

Definitely show them the statement and they have to give the money back. They should always be able to print out a cancelled transaction slip - they obviously haven't had the correct training on the machine. Chip n pins always produce either a successful transaction slip or cancelled transaction slip!

echoing above. they HAVE to give you your moeny back other wise its classed as theft. and chip and pins ALWAYS produce a reciept weather, unable to obtain, cancelled or successful :)

I have this happen with my card a lot. Mc'd's wont have ur money - it just disappears into a black hole for 5 days, and then magically re-appears in ur account, with no sign of it ever going in the first place. Very annoying, and ive went mad at my bank a few times over it. Check on tues or wed, and i bet ya its back. :wacko: xxx

Im sure you will get your money back hun. Let us know how you get on xx

Asda charge twice often just ring your bank and they will refund you x

This happened to me in Morrissons the other week. They put my card in, I entered my pin and they told me it had been declined - but they couldn't give me a slip. I was confused as I knew I had more than enough money in there and it was also embarrasing as there was a huge queue, so I paid with my credit card. I checked my statement when I got home and they had taken the money out of my account.

I called the bank and they confirmed that it hadn't been declined - it was fully authorised and was definately not coming back. Took me 3 days to get the money back from Morrissons. In the end I threatened to go in and fill my trolley with goods to the amount they had taken!

This happened to me in Morrissons the other week. They put my card in, I entered my pin and they told me it had been declined - but they couldn't give me a slip. I was confused as I knew I had more than enough money in there and it was also embarrasing as there was a huge queue, so I paid with my credit card. I checked my statement when I got home and they had taken the money out of my account.

I called the bank and they confirmed that it hadn't been declined - it was fully authorised and was definately not coming back. Took me 3 days to get the money back from Morrissons. In the end I threatened to go in and fill my trolley with goods to the amount they had taken!

Omg :shock: that is bad Id have thought a reciet would of come out seens as it had gone through. Glad you got your money back :)

Should think so when its their in black and white on your statement!

This happened to me recently at a petrol station - I took them my printed statement and they gave it me in cash there and then. Because its a big company like macdonalds it would prob have to go through head office

Sorry completely forgot about this, I went in the next day with my friend, spoke to the lovely manager who'd been left a note about my phone call from the night before, she refunded me straight away and apologised genuinely. Thumbs up for Maccy D's although I won't be using my card there again lol!

I had this with Tesco a couple of weeks back for around £30! I went in to Tesco and the woman at Customer Services was quite helpful but said she couldn't do anything for X amount of days because it usually automatically goes back into your account and obviously if she were to refund it and then it went into my account anyway then i'd be overpaid by £30... so she told me to wait X amount of days and if nothing happens to call or come back in.

I called bank and they told me exactly the same, that they have a system that picks up transactions like this and reclaim the money automatically. Sure enough, the transaction totally disappeared from my statement a few days later and the money was back in my account :)

I had this with t-mobile for £155! It took 5 days to come back cos apparantly there was nothing they could do, and nothing my bank could do. Meanwhile i was left with no money whatsoever. Rediculous!

i would have thought youd get some wee freebies in there too MrsBop! I would complain in writing anyway and see what happens - my dad got £50.00 in Maccy D's vouchers years ago for something stupid!

yer asdas did this to me just show them and argue the toss til u do hu as its not fair xx
they may say wait 5days n come bk tho to see if it reappears x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"